I have been having diarrhea for some time now with mild abdominal cramping/pain, but recently the pain has worsened when i have had very loose bowel movements that are red, not bright red more deep red. this has occured 3 times now over the past 1 1/2 months. i had spoken to my dr about the constant diarrhea and was assured it would clear up soon but that was months ago. does any one have any advice or have had any thing similar?

How often do you get the abdominal cramp? is it only when you have diarrhea or do you experience it without the diarrhea aswell?

Mostly with diarrhea which can be several times a day mild to severe but it has been the worst pain when i have had the reddish diarrhea. a few times i have had the pain long before the diarrhea with very noisy gurgling type sounds from my stomach down to below my belly button - i think my intestines, then i have diarrhea.

It sounds like you may have Ulcerative Colitis or Chrohn's disease, which are both inflammation of the intestines.
Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis includes:
* Diarrhoea. This varies from mild to severe. The diarrhoea may be mixed with mucus or pus. An urgency to get to the toilet is common.
* Blood mixed with diarrhoea is common ('bloody diarrhoea').
* Crampy pains in the abdomen.
* Pain when passing stools.
* Proctitis (inflammation of the rectum).
* Feeling generally unwell is typical if the flare-up affects a large amount of the large intestine, or lasts a long time. Fever, tiredness, feeling sick, weight loss, and anaemia may develop.

Symtoms of Crohn's Disease include:

* diarrhoea - it may contain blood, pus or mucus
* a painful and swollen abdomen (tummy)
* loss of appetite
* weight loss
* fever
* rectal bleeding - this may lead to anaemia (a condition when you have too few red blood cells or not enough haemoglobin in your blood)
* tears, ulcers or abscesses (pus-filled areas) around your anus

Are you noticed any other symptoms at all from the ones mentioned above? Hope this has helped