My friend’s daughter has very often problems such as vomiting and some strange skin reactions. When I ask her what it is, she just said food allergy. I have never heard someone could be allergic to food, so I do not understand. I wonder if she is trying to hide something from me, which makes me angry a little. Can you tell me if that is sometimes possible?

Most people have a bad reaction to a food at some point, and some may worry that an allergy may be responsible. It is even that one in five people think that they have a food allergy, and children can feel it even more common. In this case, food triggers the immune system to produce a response to the food. It can cause severe and even life-threatening symptoms. For this reason, it is vital that people with a true food allergy identify and prevent allergic reactions. Interesting fact is that having a tendency to allergies is partly inherited. If there is eczema, asthma, or hay fever in the family, person is more likely to become allergic to something. Food allergy can be mixed up with a food intolerance or food poisoning, which could be misdiagnosed sometimes. Symptoms of these can be unpleasant and even dangerous, but they are not potentially life threatening as food allergy might be.

Whenever I eat something that containes Avocado I get very sick. I feel as though I have severe indegestion I throw up and have cramping in my stools. I have experienced this a few other times, just recently when I ate assorted nuts, almonds, walnuts. I'm not sure how these if they are related. Please I could use some help. I have no other known food allergies.