Hi, I am asking for help for my friend. The problem that he has is allergy. He is allergic to cats. I was once present when the contact between him and a cat has been made. He had a runny nose and had difficulties breathing. It was not a pretty thing to see. Apparently this happens whenever he is near a cat. I have asked him about the therapy he is taking, but he told me that he doesn't take any drugs for his cat allergy. Can you suggest some cat allergy medications?

Hi, cat allergy is the most common cause of animal allergies in humans. It occurs when proteins of the cat get in the airways or touch the skin. These proteins are found in the saliva, urine and the fur of the cat. They cause the production of histamine in our body and histamine is responsible for symptoms that appear. The best way your friend can protect himself is by avoiding places where he can get in contact with cats. As for the medications, they are different regarding the type and how severe the symptoms are. This allergy can cause asthma and eczema and they require different treatments. As for an immediate reaction, antihistamine medications are appropriate.