Hi, I am 36 years old female and I have daughter which is 11 years old. My daughter went to the party in the school yesterday and when she came back she was frighten that she was crying, When I asked her to tell me what did happen she told me that one boy on the party almost died because he was eating peanuts. She also told me that he was allergic and I would like to know how serious is allergy on peanuts?

Hi, peanuts allergy is one of the most dangerous allergies. It may cause anaphylactic reaction which is life threatening. If reaction on proteins in peanuts is immediate it will cause pain in the abdomen, nausea, wheezing and spasm of the airways in the lungs. Someone may be in contact with peanuts allergens in three different ways: by eating, by working in production over the skin and by inhalation of dust with peanut proteins.