In the past two years I have allergic reactions after consuming prawns. the allergy causes right thumb itchiness repeatedly and utimately due to itchiness the thumb becomes darken at the skin. please explain what i should do and there there further complications. thank you

Hi There,

The fact that you have problems with skin indicated that you are allergic to prawns. Itchiness is very common a sign of allergic reaction. In most cases it is accompanied with skin rash, but in your case you have change in color of the skin, which is also the symptom of the allergic reaction. It is interesting that this only happens on your thumb. DO you have any problems with your eyes or with your glands? I know that swelling of glands is also one of the main symptoms of the allergy. How long have you been having this? I hope that this helped you in any possible way.

All the best,

Danella

Helena I just started having the same reaction. How long after eating does this take to manifest? Would love to hear more.