I have a problem. Last night I put makeup and today my eyes are itchy and red. That‘s happening every time I put my makeup. First I thought that I’m allergic to pollen but now I suppose that I’m allergic to makeup. Could red and itchy eyes actually be a makeup allergy?

It can be, of course. You probably have very sensitive eyes or maybe makeup that you are using isn’t so good. Once I had a similar problem and when I realized what’s happening, I just stop to use makeup for awhile. Then I changed all my makeup and now I don’t have that problem any more.

Hi there,
Red and itchy eyes are usually caused by allergic reaction and you have to know that makeup can really cause this problem in the eyes. Also the pollen allergy that you have might be the reason for your problem. Have you had any problems before the makeup? You can try to use different brand makeup and see if the reaction is the same. If this problem implies to all makeup then I am afraid that you will have to avoid putting makeup on your eyes. Also you can do a test at the doctor’s office to confirm if you really are allergic to your makeup. I hope this helped a bit.

All the best,
Danella