Good day all. I had problems with my dog and his skin rash before. And, I do know how to treat it. I always use some home remedies, and they were pretty much helpful. Of course, I always go to the vet and ask him about his opinion, because without his help I wouldn’t be able to do anything. Well, I was wondering do you know what are the causes of dog skin rash? I believe that there are a lot of causes, but is there any cause that is main? I really do believe that you can understand what I want to know :)

Thank you! 

Hey. It depends. It can be flea allergy dermatitis, and this is actually sensitivity to flea saliva. It is very common condition in dogs, and this can be one of the causes of your dog skin rash. It is not just a bite of the flea, that is causing this ugly itching, it is saliva. Another possibility is food allergy. Also, skin rash can be caused by something that comes from the nature as well. You know, there are a lot of different causes, but if you need to know what is the rash at your dogs, you should visit the vet and consult him.  

There are so many potential causes of skin rashes in dogs. The main and most common cause is allergy. Your dog can be allergic to food- this is the most common cause of dog rashes. Try changing the food brand if you suspect your dog might have a negative reaction to it. 

And the dog can also be allergic to flea saliva (and therefore flea bites).    

The itchiness can sometimes appear if the dog touches something from the environment that irritates his skin.  

And of course, bacteria is also the main cause of some rashes, especially when the dog's immune system is weak. 

Hello.

Like others said, the most common cause is allergy, either food or tick/flea bite allergy.

But, there are several other allergens you should be aware of. Just like humans, dogs can be sensitive to changes in weather (autumn and spring especially) or can be allergic to some cleaning products you use around the house (even to grooming products).

The next in line is infection, bacterial or fungal (caused by ringworms). An infection is treated with antibiotics.

Remember one last thing. A skin rash can be caused by stress, so pay an attention to your dog and spend some quality time with him every day.

Yes, I totally forgot about the allergies. But, there are numerous of allergies, so this is why you should always consult your vet about it. I believe that this could be caused by food allergy, but again, I repeat, you should do some research and you should visit your vet.

Do you notice that your dog is acting a little bit weird after some ingredients? Check that.

Also, because you told us that this dog is outdoor dog, maybe he touched something that could cause this infection. And, I repeat, there are so many infections as well. Some of them can be cured with natural remedies, but some of them needs to be treated with meds.

Hello everyone.

There are a lot of different causes of dog skin rash. You see, rashes represent the reaction of your dog’s organism to a certain substance, either internal or external. By internal substances I mean all substances that are products of food digestion.

By external substances I mean all the substances which your dog can come in contact with. For example, all kinds of plastic, wall paint and so on.

There is one thing you should pay attention to- your dog’s health. As you may know, dogs, just like humans, have the immune system which has a protective function. If your dog’s health is bad than its immune system is also weak and it can’t fight against the causes of skin rashes. 

Thank you for your advice. I went to see the vet and he told me that this is probably caused by flea or something from the outside, but he told me that he can’t recommend me anything to help my dog, because he is not sure. Actually, it is not my vet, my vet is not here at the moment, so I went to see my friend's vet. I am a little bit furious. He gave me some tips, but I don’t know what means “something from the outside”. I mean, my dog is always outside and I need to let him play in my yard. I don’t understand. 

I think that there are many causes of dog skin rashes that are not even revealed yet. We are familiar with the rashes caused by allergies. Dogs can have so many different types of allergies. I remember when I was a child, we had a dog that had some skin reaction to grass. Can you imagine that? Every time we took him out to the park, he would come back with some strange red spots all over his skin. A day after that usually some rash shows up. Till this day I don’t know if he was really allergic to grass or those were flea bites that caused his rashes.