I know that many people believe in medicine, but also I know many approve alternative cures. I was first one until I realized drugs could harm our body as well as help. That is why I want to switch myself to alternative medicine, if I see there are better results. I want to hear more about this, because I know many people believe this. Can you tell me more about this, so I could decide which might be better for me?

You must know that one in 10 people were referred to an alternative therapist by their doctor. However, an equal number referred them because they said they did not believe in conventional medicine. The number of people using complementary and alternative cures in medicines has doubled over the past six years. Some people said they went to a complementary practitioner because they could not obtain the treatment they wanted. Many mainstream doctors remain skeptical about alternative health treatments and cures. This is especially the more unusual 1% of the survey had used crystal therapy with flotation tanks, kinesiology and magnetic therapy among the others tried. People taking part in the poll spent on average a lot of money for a month on alternatives and those aged between 18 and 24 spent an average even more. The most popular therapies among those who used them were herbal medicine, aromatherapy, homeopathy, and acupuncture or acupressure. Furthermore, as alternative cures that are used are osteopathy, massage, reflexology, and Yoga and Chinese medicine.