I have recently visited a chiropractor. I have suffered pain in neck and under the left shoulder blade. He took x-rays exam and explained me that I needed special physical exercise and chiropractic treatment. At the first time, I really started feeling better. But later on, pain reappeared and also moved into low back area. This has been lasting for last three weeks. I’ve started thinking that my chiropractic treatment was scam. Now I’m positive about that.

And you probably spent a lot of money in the name of health and natural way pf healing. Same happened to me. The chiropractor that I was visiting is in jail now, imagine that? Well, I’m not saying that all the chiropractors are liars but it’s not uncommon to find one in that ‘profession’. I bought a book ‘A patient’s guide, inside chiropractic’, is excellent and is written by real doctor chiropractor. It contains excellent explanations and is very useful. That’s my suggestion.

Unfortunately, every profession on earth has it's share of jerks and money hungry people. It's important to research the chiropractor that you choose just as it is important to reasearch a heart surgeon. Chiropractic does work, but it requires a skilled doctor. Your chiropractor should be good at finding and fixing the cause of your pain...and not just run you through the same "motions" every time. The spine is a a very complex system and should be treated as such.

Regarding the fact that your pain seemed to move to another area, that is not completely uncommon. Most people go through most of their lives with their bodies and spinal column misaligned. This causes other parts of your body and spine to compensate for imbalances. For example, if you have a curve in your upper spine that goes to the left, your lower spine may have to curve right to keep you balanced. When the chiropractor starts to put things back in line, it can create a domino effect and he/she may need to continue your treatment with other areas of the spine. It is all connected.

I am not a chiropractor, but my husband is and I have worked in his office for 6 years. So, I've been witness to the fact that chiropractic does work. What can be frustrating is when a patient who has never made an effort to care for his/her spine during 40 - 50 years of life and then expect the chiropractor to fix everything in one adjustment. Although it is true that many people experience great improvement and relief after one adjustment alot of the time, the doctor can't correct years of bad posture or old unresolved injuries with one magical visit.

Chiropractic is good, and it is one natural way to try to help yourself before resorting to drugs or surgery.

If someone tries to talk you into spending lots of money for lifetime care or some kind of expensive plan that puts you in his office 3 times a week for the rest of your natural life...walk out and shake the dust from your feet. Those people are out there trying to capitalize on the true effectiveness of the chiropractic adjustment without having the skills to back it up.

Look for a doc who studied at Palmer College of Chiropractic. That is where chiropractic was founded and developed. I've noticed certain colleges produce doctors with different agendas. Palmer is a great place with a true focus on healthcare.

Sorry for your negative experiences...I hope you'll try again someday.

Take care,
Lynda

Im sorry as well for your bad experiences with chiropractors.
the one I see is the greatest, .
The one I go to is very good and concerned about his patients. He takes time to explain things and is excellent in his knowledge, Heck he knows more than my regular md does.. Coming from a medical background myself... I would be able to tell if my chiropractor was a fake or a money hungry person, but fortunately, I found a good one and would recomend anyone to go to him.

I've read what Dr. Steven Barret from Quackwatch has presented in terms of the fraud and greed behind the chiropractic system. ALL chiropractors are scam artists. They just are. My own doctor told me so too. There is NO such thing as an "alternative" approach to medicine. Western medicine is where the science is. Ok, so some prescription meds have side effects, but they WORK. No freaking herbs or supplement is going to fix your health woes. If you've got pain then go to your doctor and he'll give you meds to kill the pain. And watch out for the mega-quacks who practice energy healing, reflexology and applied kinesiology. Your health is in danger with these charlatans!!!!!!!!!!!

Marco,

You really need to educate yourself. 1) Barret is a nut who I believe is being sued ( I am not sure as i do not pay people like him much attention). 2) You sound like a drug ad 3) LOOK at the science. You will quickly find that the research support chiropractic A LOT 4) You say every single person in a profession is one way, do you feel the same about peoples color, race, or religious beliefs? Stop being so negative. Educate yourself. Although, it must be nice in some respects to live by "ignorance is bliss". Have a great day.