I'm suffering from some kind of sleep disorder. I tried with different kind of medicaments but I still have a same problem. Maybe I should try with some alternative medical therapy like reflexology. I read that reflexology can help people with sleep problems but my good friend told me that it can be painful. Does reflexology hurt?

Definitely NOT! If you do it properly it can not do you any harm. If you feel discomfort during the treatment, you need to tell the reflexologist. Reflexology shouldn't be painful. Most people find reflexology to be very relaxing and really enjoy during sessions. Don’t be afraid and try! I'm sure that you will like it.

I believe it depends on who is giving the massage. Asian massage therapists tend to REALLY work those pressure points, which may cause you pain and discomfort. Caucasian massage therapist tend to focus on giving you a nice relaxing massage and avoiding putting too much pressure on the points on your feet.

I had massage from both types of therapists. The caucasian made me fall asleep. The asian therapists made me want to cry.

FYI... They say that if a pressure point hurts, that part of the body, it represents, needs work.