Good day everyone.

I bought this sweet kitten – Australian Mist. She is two months old. She is so adorable :) But since I bought her three weeks ago, she is having bladder infection.

My vet tried everything but nothing seems to work that fine. Some meds cure it but this infection is there again after four or five days. It is very weird since I had a cat before and I didn’t have any problems with it.

Now I am helpless. Can you tell me some cat bladder infection cures and medications? Did you have any experience with it?

My kitten is pretty nervous because of this condition.

Tnx in advance.

Hey there.

It is very common problem in cats.

But I am really surprised because your cat is really young and she has this problem so often.

In this case definitely antibiotics are the main form of therapy for pets with urinary tract infections.

Therapy usually lasts for 10 to 15 days.

Which meds you were giving to your cat? Which one vet prescribed?

The best meds are Amitriptyline, Buprenex and Prednisone. They are really helpful and I am telling you this from my own experience.

If you didn’t get any of those meds for your cat you should discuss about this with your vet.

Hello. Bacterial infection of the bladder is not that common in cats. At all. But it does increases as cat gets older. Diagnosing a bladder infection can be pretty complicated. Your vet should take the urine sample directly from the bladder and test it. Reaching the diagnosis is not always that simple because there are a lot of bacteria that are really hard to identify under the microscope. Once your vet find out what bacteria is the main cause of the bladder infection he will find the best medication. That is the only way. Nobody can’t tell you that you should use this or that without finding out what bacteria caused bladder infection.  

Hi there,

Only one thing comes to my mind when you say that her bladder infection is coming back: perhaps you treated the bladder infection itself, but not the thing that actually caused it? Stress and cancer can cause this too, other than bacteria, so even if it seems that the infection is gone, it comes back.

If it  is caused by a bacteria, it is almost always treated with antibiotics. I don’t know how smart that is in your situation because you say that the infection comes back, and if you continue to use antibiotics for the longer period, your cat will become immune to them.

Hey guys,

I’ll agree that antibiotics are usually always used here, but I think that you need to try something else regarding your situation.

I’m not really sure which diet exactly is good for this, but I know that you do need a special diet. They play a big role in the treatment. Also, you should make your cat drink a lot of water, it helps.

Bladder infection can end up being pretty bad, so I’d suggest that you take your case to a different vet and hear what he has to say about it. Don’t play with this, and don’t start treating it on your own hand, since your situation doesn’t look naive.

Hey everybody,

I really hate bladder infections, they are nasty and sometimes really painful.

Your case is weird, I don’t know why is your cat getting this infection over and over again, it shouldn’t be like this. You should figure this out before you continue with the treatment.

There is this bacteria called E Coli or something like that, it’s the bacteria that is almost always responsible for bladder infection. If your cat is often somewhere where this bacteria is present, then that’s the answer.

If you remove her from the place where this bacteria was found, a simple ten to fifteen days treatment with antibiotics should do the trick.

Hello everyone.
Well, when people told me about this forum, about this site I didn’t believe that I will get so many answers in just 10 days. Sometimes I need to spend more time to my vet’s office to find out some answers.
Here is the thing. I went to see the vet and he gave me some medications. I usually mix them with food because cat is refusing to take them alone, without any food.
I don’t know what to tell you but I am pretty sure that I don’t see that her situation is getting better.
She is really grumpy.
My friend told me that I can give her some tea.
Is this true?
Tnx a lot!

Hello. I don’t understand. What tea? Why you didn’t told us which medicine you are giving to your cat? It is hard for us to help you without some good informations. OK, here is a thing – I think that no one tea can help your cat in this situation. Come on, maybe tea can be helpful to us, but not to cats. I know that initial therapy can help a lot of the cats. Maybe you should ask your vet about it? It contains amoxicillin. Treatment last for seven days with appropriate antimicrobials. If there is not a response on this treatment, than you should have another, alternative solution.