Hi, I have had migraines for as long as I can remember. I have used painkillers and they would usually help. But in the last couple of months I have been going through hell. The headaches have worsened and the drugs don't help anymore. Is there something I can do to stop this pain? My doctor has advised me to try biofeedback therapy. I don't believe much in alternative medicine, but I am willing to try anything to make the pain go away.

Hi, biofeedback is a type of alternative and complementary medicine. It is a type of treatment in which you use a machine to help you see what goes on in your body. In your case the biofeedback machine abeles you to see when the blood vessels in your head expand and narrow. The biofeedback therapy can help you learn how to raise the temperature in a certain part of the body. This way you will direct your blood from the head to that body part reliving the pressure from the blood vessels in your head which stops the headache. The biofeedback practitioner actually helps you to relax, change your stressful habits and gain control over your body. It does not cure illness, but relieves the symptoms.