I took birth control for 5 years from 2004-2009. (Depo Provera shot first 2 years and then various pills afterwards) I used my last birth control pill on August 30th and then following right after I had a normal flow period first week of September as usual. First week of October had a heavier than normal with more cramping than normal period. Come November is when things started to act even stranger. First week of November I had a brownish spotting for 2 days and then nothing the rest of the week. I recalled no other pregnancy related signs other than breast tenderness, but sometimes it is normal right before I start. So stressing out and being extremely worried I waited a week to week and a half after this and bought a pregnancy test. It came out negative...was a 2 pack so waited a couple days and took one again...came out NEGATIVE again. I read that first morning urine works best so even had done that on the 2nd test. But then come December I have NO PERIOD at all. Due to it being New Year's and all I am now afraid to drink....and feel uncomfortable buying a test while my husband is home..feel i should do it privately first if I were to buy one again. But am I just going to waste my money.....and my body is just finally trying to adjust back to normal? Will I just not have a period for a few months from coming off the pill?javascript:emoticon(':'(')

My symptoms are acne, more hair than normal coming out in the shower, moodiness more than normal, some mild cramping as if i should bleed but nothing happens, heartburn on occasion (which is normal for me)...gained a few lbs but not much. Could this possibly just be a hormonal imbalance or even possibly a thyroid problem? I did weigh 138 when I first started taking the pills 5 years ago, and now weigh 180!!! Should I just lose weight (which I'm dieting already anyways)?

Please someone let me know what you think? :'( :'(

Gi honey! since you have been off the Depro for a long time already, we can rule that out! What I would like you to do is schedule an apointment with your doctor to have your hormones checked 1st. Then ask for a pelvic/vaginal ultrasound! I THINK that you have an ovarian cyst! OR a total hormonal imbalance, including hyperthyroidism! So ask for a full blood workup, mention about loosing hair, cestation of your period, weight gain etc. Pretty sure its about your thyroid! But lets see OK? Good luck and health honey and please let me know how you make out!

Thanks for letting me be more of the ovarian cyst thing. I just looked it up though and those symptoms dont really seem like I would have one. The cramps aren't painful...just kinda feels like I am about to start my period and then at the same time PMS (being moody) comes on also along with acne. I get all the symptoms of a periold minus the bleeding it seems. But I have been contemplating whether or not I have Hypothyroidism or not. I hear there are hormone level tests in stores such as wal-mart....is this true? How much do they normally cost and are they accurate? I don't really have the money to see a Dr. right now and don't have any health insurance. :-(

I have never heard about thyroid test from Walmart! IF they do have one, I would be suspicious of how effective it is, but since you don't have insurance then this would be the best alternative right now for you! I am REALLY thinking it is your thyroid! There isn't any free places you can go heh?