I am concerned about my body. I went about 4 months with no period. I kept getting pregnancy tests and all were negative. My husband and I dont have insurance so I kept putting off going to the doctor. But finally I decided to get some tests done. Well, the doctor told me what a couple of the causes could be (one was thyroid I think, dont remember the other one) so they did blood work and it was normal. They gave me a prescription to start my period, but i just kept feeling like I shouldn't. About a week later my in laws visited and while here they prayed for me. Two hours later I was going to bed and I had started. I thought it was a miracle. It was still light though and I knew I needed a heavy period to get out 4 months of being backed up and about a week later it was really heavy and I was happy to be looking normal again. Well, about 3 weeks later I started bleeding again and it was never heavy... its been just a light bleeding and has not stopped yet. It has been about 4 weeks now that I've been bleeding. I just dont know what to do b/c they already did blood work at the doctor. I dont know what could be wrong with me. Also, this may be TMI, but could be useful info: Whenever I pull out the tampon the blood is only on one side of it and its the side that comes out facing the back of me. Anyone have a clue what I should do?!

Hi honey! Just letting you know that blood doens't "back up" what happens is this! Your body will get rid of whatever is there when it needs too - just like IF you were on the pill the lining would be thinner and the body releases it when needed! It doesn't keep on piling up so to speak - because if you think about it after a couple of months your uterus would be FULL!! ;-) SO your body takes it's cue from you ovaries and your brain, and your hormone levels! A Lot of women have probelms from 1 of the following: Hormonal Imbalance, Stress, Illness, Weight Gain/Loss, Ovarian Cyst, Thyroid, Lupus, etc.! so since your doctor has ruled out Thyroid and Lupus I am looking at Ovarian Cyst! Which can cause REALLY wonky periods, even cesstation of them, and also even give you the same symtpoms of pregnancy! The bleeding on 1 side is that the tampon is just leaning to one side - probably from your vaginas shape! You could have a tipped uterus too! Is there anyway you can afford for your doctor to give you a transvaginal ultrasound? this will show IF you have ovarian cysts, and also IF your uterus is tipped! I would REALLY advise you to take those pills - they just kick start your period! And this can have a positive effect on your body! You wont feel so "blah! and bloated" It's just a combination of hormones to bring on what your body needs! BUT in the meantime see if you can get in and get an ultrasound OK?

Thanks,
When I went to the doctor she did do a "physical exam"... like she felt up in there for cysts or whatever they do that for. She said it felt normal... would it still be possible to have an ovarian cyst? I honestly can not afford the ultrasound right now. Would it harm me to take the prescription now, even though i have had a period since then? I started bleeding heavily again and had cramps so i think i am having my real period right now. I have gained a lot of weight over the past few years. I will get my mom to pay for me to go to the dr if it is still weird after this heaviness.