Hello! I have my cataract surgery scheduled for the next week. The cataract was located on my left eye few months ago. My doctor didn’t recommend the surgery at first but since the progressing was rapid in the last month he decided to do the surgery. I don’t know much about the surgery. I will visit my doctor tomorrow and I know he will give me all necessary information but I would like to know now what can I expect after cataract surgery.

Hello! The patient should always be well informed about the surgery and should know what to expect. The cataract surgery is really safe and the complications are rare. You will probably feel mild itching and discomfort but this is normal. You will also be given eye drops which will help healing and control the pressure in your eye. You will also wear an eye shield for the first few days to help protect the eye. If your pain increases or you feel worsening of vision after surgery, you should contact your eye doctor. With prompt medical attention, all problems will be treated successfully.