So for almost a year now I have been having different symptoms of anxiety... I am a 20 year old female and the most recent problems i have been having are with my eyes. Firstly I have a lot of floaters sometimes they are more noticeable than others, however, I know that these are a normal common symptom so I'm not too worried... I also have blurry vision in one eye when I wake up in the morning the eye usually depends on which side I have been sleeping on and the blurriness usually goes away after 10-15mins or less. also upon waking my vision seems jumpy and bright which is really annoying but after blinking a few times this also goes away. As if that isn't enough I also randomly throughout the day see these after-image like spots sort of like when you have seen a camera flash... they are colorful and small and they disappear within 30seconds... and lastly I occasionally see small pin prick sized black spots in the center of my vision they appear quickly and it's like as soon as i notice them they are gone... oh and also at times it seems as if my vision is slightly foggy and just doesn't look right. 

I should also mention that earlier on this year and still on occasion I have been having horrible throbbing headaches and aches behind my eyes... sometimes I feel a lot of pressure behind my eyes and sharp pains... but I also have throbbing pains all throughout my head... I have had my eyes checked by an ophthalmologist, an MRI, and blood tests... everything has checked out normal, yet i am still having these symptoms.

I do have a lot of anxiety and I know anxiety can cause a lot of symptoms but I just worry that some of these symptoms could be the result of an actual problem... Has anyone else experienced anything like this? are these eye symptoms something I should worry about or should I just chalk it up to my anxiety? 

Thanks so much to anyone who replys

yeah i have all of those to im 15 and i have been having alot of them since i was 13 and i hated every second when i have black dots cause they can lead me to have a really bad migraine and i feel really hot and sick like im about to throw up and when im ready for sleep when i close my eyes i can see a red lines so its hard for me to go to sleep but i start to get used to it and now i can walk when i have black dots but i dont want to walk so i stop and stand still for a bit 
my eyes are really sensitive to the sun and i also get hot really easily and sick and then it sometimes  can bring on black spots or a headache but if i dont get hot sometimes i would have the black dots or a migraine and then i get hot and sick
i have really blurry vision sometimes then goes back to normal the optision said i needed glasses but the glasses dont seem to be working with the migraines it just feels like the glasses are making it worse.
my mum has noticed when i get hot i looked really pale and bad and i just dont feel like eating when i get hot i just feel like i need to go outside really bad or put my face in cold water  

Yes, i am ~ 23 and I have had this problem and now it is continuing too. I have had my eyes checked by an ophthalmologist, and a professor of the most prestigious university and two others as well. They told me that floaters are the results of some things like residue of the body cells remaining on the eye lens or the liquid of the internal eye. they sometimes happen and there is not a certain treat for them. Sometime they disappear or fade. After a while, the mind is smart and filters those black dots in your vision such that obtains its information from the other eye in stead of the eye which has dot or vice versa .

very interesting...i am 16 years old but when i was 14 i suffered from panic disorder and i had terrible anxiety..when my panic disorder and anxiety began to subside i then started noticing abnormalities in my vision...similar to you i saw small pinprick black dots that appear without warning and dissapear quickly. I also developed grainy vision and if i slept in total darkness a weird pressure would form in the back of my eyes causing my vision to be green..this green vision would come and go in pulsating manner until i removed myself from the darkness..fortunately, as time passed my vision began normalizing maybe a year and a half after the initial occurences..i believe these disorders are related to anxiety or the mental imbalances that anxiety causes..ive found out that most sufferers of eye problems have had bouts of anxiety sometime in their lives...

Seeing blur spots or black spots is how doctors diagnose you with migraines. The rest seems normal but I've had migraines since I can remember.

Hi, nothing to worry about the block spots.I have been facing this problem for a very long time.consulted many doctors adn surgens but no one able to reduse the black sport.

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

. i can suggest you some eating habits to be bilt for whole life.which may not be cure 100% but i assure you that it will defenetly stop increasing your problem

Omg. Ok so I was on birth control and it caused me to have TERRIBLE anxiety. I was 21 at the time, and it got to the point where I could barely function on a daily basis. I always felt like I was on the verg of having a panic attack. Well, along with half my face going numb, my neck constantly being tense and in pain, tingling in my hands and feet, I started noticing visual disturbances too. First it was these weird spots that would show up in my vision for a half a second. Then the floaters I would see drift through my vision. Then I noticed those squiggly lights flashing around in the sky. I see them outside now even when I'm not looking at the sky, and on bright computer screens with white backgrounds. And occasionally these tiny sparks. Sometimes I see white spots if I'm looking at a blank wall or ceiling. Sometimes I have visual static in the dark or when I first wake up. Also one thing I can't find hardly anything about is these black spots I've been getting. It's kind like a super small afterburn mark. After I blink it goes away. Sometime I can get one if my eyes are closed too. It only lasts a second or two. All my other anxiety symptoms have gone away, except the vision stuff. The floaters have gotten a lot less noticeable, even when I try to look at them. But the squiggles in bright light and the afterburn spot are still there. I haven't had any eye tests in two years, right now we don't have insurance to cover it and my mom has cancer and I'm also just too scared anyway. I've had these disturbances for about a year now, if something were going to happen, it would have happened by now, right? I just feel like it's too much of a coincidence that all this happened at the same time as my terrible depression/anxiety. Maybe I'm still seeing them because I'm worried about them? Maybe the anxiety turned on some hyper-awareness switch that I can't turn off? Maybe my mind will adjust and these things will go away? The Sparks of light have almost completely ceased. I don't see those anymore at least. I just want things to go back to normal and to be able to stop worrying about it. It feels like I'm stuck in a vicious cycle!

hey im having the same problem as urs.i see these after burn black spots .its actually just one spot & go away when i blink.have u seen a doc about it?