One night at a party my sister was drinking a lot. Later that night she was having trouble sleeping like usual so she wanted to take Ambien. I stopped her from doing that. Can someone tell me more about this drug?

You did the right thing when you stopped her from taking that medicine after alcohol. It is never wise to mix these two. This can lead to some serious complications. Ambien is in a class of drugs called sedative, hypnotics or sleep medications and it affects chemicals in your brain that become unbalanced causing insomnia. This medicine should be taken just before going to bed. It is important not to stop taking Ambien suddenly if you have been taking it for more than 1 or 2 weeks because this can cause withdrawal symptoms. Symptoms of Ambien overdose include sleepiness, confusion, dizziness, difficult or slow breathing and unconsciousness. Drinking alcohol while taking Ambien will increase drowsiness and dizziness which could be dangerous. I hope that your sister will be more responsible in the future.

I used to take Ambien. One night I took a 10mg pill after having just two beers. I had trouble seeing and couldn't walk upright in ten minutes. I had to crawl to my bed, where fortunately, I threw up. I would NEVER take the two together again. Mixing Ambien and booze could land you in a coma or dead.

I was drinking and my wife gave me an ambiencr to go to sleep and I fell asleep at the table and when she tried to wake me up she said I went crazy and started fighting her.I dont remember nothing at all about it and when I did come to myself I was in the back of a police car going to jail for domestic violence and Im not a violent person.This is a very serious charge that I have to go to court on and I cant believe this is happening.