I think I have external hemorrhoid, it doesnt really bother me that much, but just once a while according to the season and my bowel movement regularity. Anyway, I am thinking about to get the surgery done, mainly for the cosmetics purpose.
Just wondering, since my case is minor, which type of surgery should I get done, will I be able to have anal sex after the surgery, and how long will take to heal, will the hemorrhoid come back again in the future?
Thanx!

Helleo,
About your butt you should be able to have sex agian it will take a while to heal and remember that your butt is the where all the nerves ending stop so it maybe painful. Yes, once you get one you could poss get another one just take care of your butt it is the only one u have TRUST ME!!!!!! :$ Don't sit on the bowl for long periods of times get on get off and after sex put a warm towel on your butt (hole). No cold water, cold water helps bring out the hemorrhoids. Also hemorrhoid creams help also. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Thanx a lot!
Ur info was really helpful!!!
LOL, I will take better care of my ass!
^_^

Did you have the surgery? I am considering it as well - but I do not currently have pain - mainly for cosmetic reasons and just because these growths are disgusting.
I am terrified of the pain after surgery. Doc says to expect a 6 out of 10 on the pain scale but in reading these posts it sounds so much worse.
She said its alot like child birth - it is painful, but you will forget about it and be glad you did it. I am SO afraid after reading the posts and pain some people are having...but I do want to be normal "down there".
Did you do it? Would you recommend it?

i had the banding about 2 years ago because of excessive bleeding, but didn't go back for followup, so now i'm having to have it done again.

i don't know if i'm the exception to the rule but the pain was minimal. although i could not stand or sit for long periods of time for about 4 days after the surgery. asprin took care of the little pain i did have.

i will say that about a week after the banding, i felt wonderful. there was no more pain since those pesky rhoids weren't prolapsing anymore becaue they were gone.

as for anal sex, i waited for over a month before even attempting it and yes.. it hurt.. it was like doing it for the first time again.

I had my surgery 2/13/08. I read these posts beofre surgery and cried my eyes out because i was so scared. The first day isn't so bad because you're all hopped up on drugs. Day 2 and 3 are the worst but to be honest, I don't have a high tolerance for pain and I was off the pain killers by 36 hours after surgery. Tylenol worked fine (believe it or not). Some tips I did that might have helped ease the pain. I cleared out my system before surgery. Meaning, I took exlax so I wouldn't have to go to the bathroom right away. I only ate high fiber foods, soups and ice cream with lots and i mean LOTS of liquid. I went to the bathroom every other day (starting day 3). It wasn't as bad as you might think it would be. A bath after a BM is a savior. Sitz baths were ok but didn't do it for me. I was able to move around for about 2 hours on day 7... and on day 10 I was much better. It is 2 months after now. I have a skin tag that will go away (hopefully soon) and I still have slight bleeding during BMs... all and all, this was the best thing i've ever done for myself. My life doesn't revolve around my BMs and I don't have to worry about if I'm going to get a hemmorhoid after going to the bathroom. I used to have a BM and have to lay down for an hour so i wouldn't irritate the area. Now, I don't have to do that! The surgery wasn't awful just slightly uncomfortable. Believe me, it's worht it. Goodluck

Hi

The previous person wrote

Quote:

I had my surgery 2/13/08. I read these posts beofre surgery and cried my eyes out because i was so scared. The first day isn't so bad because you're all hopped up on drugs. Day 2 and 3 are the worst but to be honest, I don't have a high tolerance for pain and I was off the pain killers by 36 hours after surgery.

I was just wondering if you had try anal sex again and how that went?

I had hemorrhoids banded about 6 months ago, but I have been too scared to try anal sex with my girlfriend using her finger again since then. I'd like to try it again but want to know more about how to do it post hemorrhoid before doing it again

Deal with it i just had the surgery on Wednesday today is Sunday and i am in horrific pain i mean un imaginable suffering it is god awful and you will pray that you are dead. There is no relief not even from the sitz baths or pain meds yes you heard me no relief from pain meds. Try all mesures before you would even consider getting the surgery. I am regretting it so bad ( i really didnt have a choice but to have the surgery) DONT DO IT I REPEAT DONT DO IT

today is sunday. i had the staple surgery last monday. i am candidly shock how slight the pain and discomfort is! The HUGE caviat to that, in my case, is that I had a horrible reaction to the antibiotic (I always do!) and the resulting diarrhea caused a great deal of bleeding (NOT pain) that scared me silly! I was totally calm until then (that was friday), but that freaked me out. I called my surgeon, and he was totally cool with the bleeding (and there was LOTS of it!) - I got off the antibiotic, and now I am again doing well... The only other slight caviat is that I am not especially mobile yet. I walked for about 5 minutes on Saturday, and really felt the stretch on the stitches. HIGHLY recommend the surgery - I had internal hermorrhoids that bled often and were a real nuisance!

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

Did you do it? Would you recommend it?

Some lidocaine gel will give you a lot of relief. Additionally try to use some pillows in ring shape, these will also help you aa well.

If during this period you tried have baths, or anything similar, this is the reason of your extreme pain, as anything warm/hot in the first 48-72 hour agrevate the inflammatory response and ofcourse the pain. Anything warm 48-72hours after an injury (you can consider surgery as iatrogenic injury) is contraindicated.

I must say i had external and had 3 removed. This was the worse pain I have ever had. I must say not having to worry after again is nice but the first 2 weeks are HELL. If you can handle pain and lots of it after bm then go for it. It has been 4 weeks and I still am bleeding. Hoping and praying to pass this soon.

Hello fellow ass sufferers,

I had my surgery 2 months ago and it was the most horrific experience of my entire life . The pain was absolutely unbelievable and I spent the first week thinking up ways to get back at my doctor. A couple of weeks ago I began having bowel movements like I haven't had since I was kid -- sat down , released , done . I should add that mine were internal and gradually ( from my early teens ) I was having a harder and longer time on the toilet then normal so to be able to just sit and go quickly was well nigh miraculous to me. What I am trying to say is that I am now VERY happy I had the surgery. Also do not let them try to sell you on just taking tylenol or even the weak percocets or vicadins --- the only thing that worked for me was straight oxycodone and in large dosages ... problem with the percs and vics is that you end up getting way too much acetametaphin , in my opinion it is better to take them separately so you can up your opiate dose without destroying your liver. I was drugged for 2 weeks. So yes the pain and trauma of the few weeks after surgery was like nothing I have ever experienced but now I am sh**ting like a champ and the pain is a distant memory....... would I do it again ? God willing I won't ever need to . Goodluck everyone

Just wanted to add, considering vicodin and APAP: you can take higher dosages of vikes and take out the acetominophen via a cold water extraction. It's fairly easy, so if vikes are all you can get you can still take large doses if you need to.

Just do a quick google search, it's a fairly simple process. Basically vicodin is soluble in water and acetominophen isn't. Cool in down in the fridge for awhile crushed up in water, then strain it through a coffee filter, leaving you with vicodin-water and white mush (which is the APAP, you can just toss that).

I am in SO MUCH pain after this operation! It's been five days.
During B/M. the pain is NAUSEATING, It is unbearable.
I don't know what to do. Am spending all my time in the bathtub.
I would have put up with the piles if I had known what was coming.
OOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Look I had surgery on mine my sophomore year and college and it was by far the most painful thing that i have ever undergone in my life. My doctor told me i could be up the next day but I was done for a week...My friends i tried to not tell about the surgery and they eventually had to be told. WHY? cause i passed out on my way back from the bathroom from sheer pain....I'm talking pain. For the doctor that says negative on pain meds cause they may make you c**p more....f**k them take MORE pain meds and stool softners. I currently have them again and prolly internal and I will probably have to have surgery again and i'm dying inside cause of it. I refuse to go to the doctor for it too.