I had my surgery 12 days ago to remove a small external, like a top of toddler pinky and an internal one. I dont know how big the internal one. However after the surgery, i still have a lump hanging in my anus about the size of a peanut. This is 2 times bigger than my original one. It drives me crazy, i have been through so much pain and i still have this lump.

Have anyone experience this? Will it go away? I tried to push it inside to use cream but it's still hurt so much i cant do it yet. I still on stool softener and miralax, no meat diet, I only had one hard BM at 2nd day after surgery due fr the anesthesia. I only took one percoset, I really dont know what did i do wrong? Please help.

Well you should have complete recovery in about 2 weeks after hemorrhoid surgery...so that lump shouldn't be there. Hemorrhoids come back about 5% of the time after hemorrhoidectomy. You should talk to your surgeon as soon as possible.

My doctor told me there are three external areas you can develop a hemorrhoid. Once a hemorrhoid is removed in one of those areas in cannot come back. HOWEVER, if you only have one area removed, you can still develop hemorrhoids in the other areas that werent operated on.