I have had the hemroid surgery but every time i have a bowl movement i get an icsrutiasting pain that lasts up to five hours

This is normal after hemorroidectomy. Haven’t you given any sort of pain relievers to ease your pain? Your doctor should have prescribed something! The pain lies in the fact that after the surgery, the anus may tighten and relax due to spasms in the internal sphincter muscle.

Make sure your stools are soft after the surgery, so you wouldn’t be straining. You could also soak in warm bath after bowel movements. You are expected to recover in two weeks time.

I heard that Botox injections work very well for relieving pain after the hemorrhoidectomy. Botox blocks a release of a chemical acetylcholine that causes muscle contraction. If you haven’t been prescribed anything to get rid of the post op pain, ask at the pharmacy for something or give your doc a ring.

I find that the best treatment for my hemroids is to get an ice cream scoop and some lube and force it back up my anus.