I have been diagnosed recently with pernicious anemia and I don't seem to get what it actually means. I went to see a doc for the symptoms I am having for several months such as appetite loss and frequent diarrhea as well as fatigue and I also have rapid heart rate anyway I know what anemia is about but I have never heard of pernicious anemia before. I am also advised to take some B-12 vitamin preparation intranasal as well as to change my diet habits so I am suppose to eat food rich in folic acid, proteins and vitamin C which I am suppose to take daily 1000mg for that is supposed to help me with this pernicious anemia but I would like to hear if there is some other more effective pernicious anemia treatment? Thanks!

Hi! I also suffer from pernicious anemia and being diagnosed with pernicious anemia in fact means that red blood cells are not functioning properly-they actually are not able to produce enough oxygen. Basically pernicious anemia is a condition where there is no enough intrinsic factor needed for vitamin-B12 absorption from gastrointestinal tract and the result is fatigue, breathless, trouble walking and also diarrhea is very common symptom of pernicious anemia. I am treated on some other way than you were advised for I actually am being given B-12 injections monthly which I recommend you also and at the same time I am taking orally B-12 supplements for I am suspected of having some form of gastric atrophy which may not be your case but I still advice you at least start having those B-12 injections on monthly bases.