Hi, I have anemia and hope to cure it in some time. I would like to get a picture of how long does it take to cure anemia. I was prescribed with FEOFOL for three month, and then to check my blood again.

Anemia can be caused by increased loss of blood, like in women in reproductive period. But, essential to developing red blood cells deficiency is also inadequate absorption of iron, unsatisfying level of mature red blood cells or disorder of maturing process. A part from iron, vitamin C is needed to augment absorption of iron. Folic acid anb vitamin B12 are important for maturing of blood cells. Life of a red blood cell is about 120 days, so if organism is not able to produce new cells a deficiency will develop. To cure anemia is not an easy process, and takes a few month up to a year, depending on degree of disease.