Hi, I am 23 years old male and I am professional rugby player. I had sever knee injury few months ago and since than I am preparing for my knee operation. I hoped that I may avoid it but unfortunately I will have to go to the operation room. I have enormous problem which is the reason why I am prolonging my waiting for operation. I am so scared of anesthesia as I think that I won't wake up from it.

Hi, first of all I want to tell you that you are having no reason for fear. I had three operations on my hand last year and everything was just fine. My hand was cut off in the car accident and I thought I have lost it forever. Fortunately doctors had different opinion and I have my both hands now. Drugs which are used in anesthesia are perfectly safe, my anesthesiologist told me that these drugs are so safe today that it is almost impossible to make complications. You may be totally relaxed about this.