Hi
I had my ACL reconstruction (using the hamstring method) done 7 months ago. and couple of weeks ago the Doctor i was seeing cleared me to start playing rugby again. last week while tackling a player i felt a slight pressure on my knee and about couple of days later when i started to run i felt my knee give away exactly the way it did when i tore my ACL in the first place. im realy scared i might have torn it again. If thats the case then how successful is a second reconstruction? if not what are my other options? please advice.

Hey, the same thing happened to me just 2 days ago. I have had reconstruction 5 months ago, and surgeon told me i can slowly start training, and I have been for a while. 2 days ago after warming up and stretching well, i felt like a small pop in my leg while just planting my leg to control the bal (i have done this many times recently and I was fine). The pain was small, and directed more towards the inside of my knee. I am also very afraid that I tore my acl again, and I am praying I didnt'. I hope it was my mcl rather than acl because I heard the recovery time is a lot shorter for that. I have an appointment with my physio and surgeon thursday, and I will let you know what they told me.

i already had acl reconstruction 1 yr ago. exactly the same occured to me  on 22/07/12 ,but there is no swelling in my knee. while playing cricket just i hop my to certain distance then i felt a sudden pain in knee i was afraid.

i have done this on numerous occasions and never had a problem, untill playing football this weekend and hearing snaps in my knee that withheld surgery, which has now swelled up and is very hard to walk on, has anyone else had this?