Hi, I am having knee surgery for a torn ACL but have not yet told the doc tat I am taking methadone, what are thr risks if any of ot mentioning this to him. At the moment I am on 50 mgs and can be dwn to 5 mg by the day before the surgery. Do I need to tell the doc about the methadone.

did u ever go through with it because I am going through the same and cant find anything on the web

I've had surgery twice while on 50mgs, no problem with the general anesthesia. Everything went normal. Don't sweat it at all.

Getting surgery Thursday on 40mg 4 breast implants .but I didn't tell the doctor . I'm not going to take it that morning .. Feel now the hospital called ask me if I was on mess just raza pam they didn't say anything but scared to tell them at the hospital when i'm getting surgery that i am i methadone and they will cancel my surgery

Did you tell you doctor..I'm on 40mg veryyy scared have everything ready to go 4 surgery. Just scared to tell the doctor at the last min.am he says he not going to it:( Don't no what to do ... ??

I just had surgery and was given general anaesthesia and have been on 130mg of methadone daily for a few years now. I had absolutely no negative outcome having been on both at the same time. Everyone is different though so remember that.