Hello, folks. I have a serious problem. I got hernia and it is indicated for the operation. However, two years ago I survived a mild stroke. It seems I cannot have a surgery after stroke because of general anesthesia. Is this true? I would really like to hear your opinion on this. Thanks.

Hello. It depends on various factors. Your age is also very important. However, I think your doctor should decide which one will have more benefit for you. If the danger of not operating is larger than danger of general anesthesia, then you should go to surgery. You should consult with neurologist, neurosurgeon and abdominal surgeon. They will advise you best. I hope everything will be all right. Please, let me know the decision. Good luck!

Perhaps you should speak to an anesthesiologist. They are the experts in perioperative medicine

i had a stroke and was told i could have my knees replaced three to six  months after the stroke Ihave to be assesed at the hospital but my consultant says it will be fine