What are the complications that can affect one after had spinal anesthesia? Is it still that dangerous to have anesthesia like it was 10 years ago? I’m about to have gallbladder removed and I guess that it has to be done with spinal anesthesia. What can expect from spinal anesthesia?

You have probably heard about transient neurological symptoms that used to occur in postoperative period in patients who received spinal anesthesia. I’ve read about that and it was found that lidocain was responsible for that complications. Other anesthetics like bupivakain and procain didn’t show to cause tns. I guess that you can have epidural and that if would have laparoscopy, it can be managed like that. Preparing and precautions for operations that would have to include anesthesia is very serious and medication and dose are individually ordered to a patient.