I would like to know what are the preoperative instructions for colectomy! Thanks in advance!

Before all surgeries they do some basic tests, as pulse, temperature, blood pressure and urine examination. You will be asked to hand in any medicines or drugs you may be taking, in order that your drug treatment in hospital is correct 9if there is one of course). You will be also asked if you are allergic to any medication . You will probably get general anesthetic (sleeping during procedure), so the anesthetist that will give you anesthesia will interview and examine you. He will ask you if you are allergic to anesthesia, if you ever had anesthesia, if you have dental problems or if you have chest problems.
It is very important that the bowel is clean as much as possible before operation, so you will be given some instructions before you come to hospital. In case, you have menstrual bleeding, this doesn’t present no problem. It is important to know that you will be shaved before operation (in order to prepare for that… I didn’t know, so it kind of scared me, although there is no need… nurses are very nice). Then, approximately 1 hour before operation you’ll be given sedative (injection or tablet). Then you’ll be taken on trolley to the operating suite. You’ll be wearing a cotton gown, probably jewelry will be removed… and the operation will begin.
Regards!