Hello, folks. A girl from my class was hospitalized yesterday. I found out she suffered from anorexia. I feel terrible. I know this disease can be very serious. What kind profile of people is prone to developing anorexia? I would really like to know that. Your opinion is more than welcomed.

Hello. In almost 95% of patients are females. Its onset is usually in early adolescence. Of course, there are exceptions and it can appear with children and males in some cases. Caucasians are more affected as well. This is a disease that appears in middle and upper social classes. It is common among people who need thin figure for their job. Those are: models, actresses, dancers, athletes, etc. I hope I've helped. Bye!

Since you are in high school you are aware how you and other girls are obsessed to be thin and to look beautiful. This comes from the commercials which surround us and you. Every new product is advertised by a thin and beautiful girl and of course top models and sizes 0 are something that can depress even the strongest woman.

So every girl should be very careful when her nutrition and diet is in question. In our young age we can’t realize how serious this condition can be and sometimes it can even lead us to death. So be careful and I hope that your friend is going to be ok. It will take months before she recovers.