Hello, folks. My daughter has a little crooked nose. She is in her puberty now and that bothers her a lot. She wants to have a rhinoplasty, but she is only 13. Isn’t she too young for this procedure? What do you think? I will appreciate all your advices considering this. Thank you.

Hi, there. I think your daughter should wait for few years more. General approach is to wait for kids to stop growing and then do rhinoplasty. If this is not done like this, there are growth centers in nose that can be damaged. In that way, nose won’t grow properly. You can check your daughter’s height every four months and see whether she is still growing. In general, girls should be 14 and boys should be 15 in order to have this surgical procedure. You can consult a doctor about this. Try to explain your daughter why she should wait for a little while. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!