I'm 16 and I have some kind of boil on my scrotum that's been bothering me for about a year. Sometimes it's hard, sometimes, it's soft and I would like to know what it exactly is. I also get lots of boils in my inner thigh region as well. I usually just rub Bengay on them for temporary relief. They're very common and I'm kind of embarrassed to tell my doctor because I have one testicle. I feel like him looking at it while I have one testicle will trigger a lot questions. My sister also experiences these boils in her inner thigh and has a massive boil or cyst it may be in her armpit. It's kind of the boil/cyst I have on my scrotum. Her doctor one day attempted to draw out some of the fluid for testing but since the boil was to hard, he didn't get deep enough to draw any fluid. This was a really painful process for my sister and it still is. My brother had run ins in the past with boils when he was younger showing up on his buttocks. So to conclude everything, I need answers, quick. Please and thank you.

Hey there..... its hard to get a good idea of what you are talkinng about because we can't see what the cyst looks like..... cysts are more common in some people than others and if you are more probe to them then usually you deal with them or have them removed..... so why is it that you only have one testicle? Have you always only had one? Also how has your doctor not noticed it missing before? Any insight would be helpful thanks

I don't know. I've always had one. I don't know why and I never have known why I have one. I've never told my doctor about it. I know it sounds really stupid that I've never told my doctor.

Hey again... your doctor has never noticed that you only have one testicle durring your physicals and check ups......? Are you overweight at all? Have your testicals gotten larger and dropped yet? It could be that you have an undecended testicle

Nope. Im about 5'11 and about 153 pounds. I've only known one testicle all my life. I guess you can say it's gotten bigger as I've aged but I've never had a second testicle

Ok have you started puberty at all? If so about how long ago did you start and how large is your testicle? You can function perfectly fine with one testicle but if you have an undecended testicle it has a higher chance at becoming cancerous.... sometime doctors will remove it other times they will just do surgery and bring it down into your scrotum. Undecended testees are somewhat common and doctors are familiar with them.

Yes I have. My voice is pretty deep, I have facial hair, pubic hair, I hit a growth spurt in between my sophomore and junior years. How would I know if it's undescended?

Go have it checked by the doctor and just in case ask them to test it for MRSA.  Only certain meds can take care of this and my daughter had the same issue on her bottom, she drinks PHnomenal Water mixed with reverse osmosis water to keep it gone.  But you still need help from an understanding doctor.  Good luck.

Hey again guest how large is your other testicle? If you have never had a testicle it is probably undecended. Doctors can do ultrasounds or cat scans to see if they can find the undecended testee.....

I will thank you!

It's normal sized I guess

Yea I would get the boil(s) cultured to see what type of bacteria is causing it and also get an abdominopelvic ultrasound/CT scan

Ok. I'll be going to the doctor next Wednesday or Thursday. I will get back to you once I know what's going on. Thank you

Great let us know what you find out!!!!