I was diagnosed with a varicocele on the left side years ago.  Sometimes my varicocele is more apparent (hot showers), and when the varicocele is more apparent , I also feel a soft mass kind of below my left testicle.  The soft mass feels much like the varicocele, but it's behind and drops below my testicle .  I went to my doctor and he said he didn't find anything out of the norm.  I was wondering if anyone with a varicocele or knowledge of a varicocele has had this?  thanks for your time.

Hey guest what happens is that your vericocele gets larger wheb you are hot or testese are warm because your bloodvessels dialate and fill with blood more makeing the vericose veins in your testicleslarger and more apparent. And the lump you notice could just be e vein that is small and flat normally but fills up when its hot..... does this make any sense?

Hey Biomajor10, thank you so much for your insight and replying. Your explanation definitely makes sense. When researching varicoceles, it seems that it affects the veins above the testicle. My varicocele affects the veins above as well as the back of the testicle and sometimes it feels like there are varicose veins that drop below the testicle, is that normal for the veins to drop that low?

I went to a doctor again and he checked, but i guess the veins werent really apparent at the time and he said he didnt notice anything irregular. Just wondering if anyone else experience veins that go behind/below the testlce? Thanks again for your time and anyone else who has shared this experience or knows anything.

Sorry wanted to add one more thing, I was also concerned it might an inflammed epididymis or Epididymitis, but it doesnt hurt or have any of the symptoms of Epididymitis other than an inflammed soft lump/mass around that area.

Hey there are you sexually active? Have you had unprotected sex of any kind? Epididimitis is generally very painful so I doubt you have that. And veins are actually all around your testicle primarily they are in the spermatic cord on top but to go behind as well and thoes veins can enarlarge and form vericoceles as well

Hey Biomajor10,

Thanks again for replying so promptly. I am sexually active with only one partner and we have only been with each other. There isnt any pain other than occassional discomfort from the varicocele. I guess i could rule out Epididmitis since its not painful.

It's good to hear the veins go behind the testicle aswell, because I believe that is what i'm feeling... enlarged veins behind and below. I'm guessing its pretty common when you have a varicocele?

Yup vericoceles come in different severities some are small and only affect portions of the spermatic cord....others are bigger and extend down the epididymis

Ok that puts my mind to ease that its normal to be like that. 

I spoke to two different doctors (twice each over the last few years) regarding Varicocele.  They both said not to do anything and just live life unless it causes fertility problems.  I guess I should just leave it and if anything is affected in the future just get the surgery? 

yup that is a good idea. sometimes they can get very large and cause discomfort if people do a lot of walking or running. then sometimes people get them removed. otherwise unless you have fertility issues id leave them alone :)

Hey Biomajor10,

Just wanna thank you one last time for helping put my mind at ease. Are you a doctor or studying to become one? you seem to be very knowledgeable.

Also, if anyone else has experienced similar situations with their varicocele, please feel free to share your experience! thanks.

Hey Guest you are very welcome :) I am not a doctor however I do have a degree in biology (Hence the name lol) I am an EMT and am hoping to get into a Physicians Assistant program.
Im glad I could help and if you have any other questions feel free to ask :)

Hey Biomajor10,

Thats awesome I hope you get into the program, I can see you're a naturally helpful person.

I was just wondering, for Epididymitis, would it be like a constant/bad pain? Sometimes my right testicle feels a little discomfort here and there, nothing super painful, i would just say its like very slight ache (i think sometimes my brain tricks me into thinking i feel anything really - guess i'm paranoid). When checking my testicles, I feel a squishy tube behind my testicle that goes to the bottom of my testicle, just wondering, would that be the Epididymis? and how could you tell if it was inflamed and was epididmitis?

Also, does epididymitis ever cure itself if left alone? thanks again for your insight.

hey again, yes what you are feeling on the back side of you r testicle is your epididymis. if you get epididymitis it will be very pain full and usually lasts. is not much of a slight dull ach as a sharper acute pain. plus your testicle/epididymis will probably be very large and swollen possibly hot and red as well

I too have a few strings like structure below my left testicle .Is it normal?

I have a few strings or lump like structure below my left testicle.What does it indicates?