I know how you feel, I starting having anxiety when I was 12 and went on medication at 15. I wish I had gone on it sooner! I'm now 21 and have no anxiety anymore. Here are some suggestions/thoughts:
1. Are you getting enough sleep/exercise these two things can affect your anxiety levels.
2. Have you gotten professional help? I was in therapy for about 3 years before taking meds and the techniques I learned still help me today.
3. Their are a lot of books/forums/websites on anxiety. There is hope and a large community of people to support you.
4. Did you know that anxiety can be genetic (mine was) and in that case it is a chemical problem (your brain produces "panic" chemicals when their isn't an emergency). If it is genetic and not caused by trauma then the only thing that will help is medicine and therapy. It isn't a willpower issue, just like a diabetic can't just "think" himself out of needing insulin. His body doesn't make enough of it and it is just the way it is.
5. Zoloft and other similar anxiety medicines have very little or no side effects and have been on the market for years.
6. Doctors prescribe a very low dose and then see how you do, and only increase the dose if you want them too.
Blessings and I hope you feel better soon. Anxiety stinks!