I had sever anxiety attacks to the point i couldnt even stand up, my life was turned upside down.. this was about two years ago and i have been doing really good. Now im 18.. and im starting to get mild panic attacks. The other night i woke up at 2 in the morning and I was sweating and couldnt breath, usally i am able to go to the bathroom and feel calmer.. but this time i couldnt for the first time ever i had to wake up my mom and i had to sleep with her, Im scared my attacks are going to get as bad as befour. Whats wrong why are they coming back.

Hi there ,

Im sorry how ure feeling emotionally. I know how it feels because even me have symptoms of anxiety and depression too. Do u know an event where it triggered this thing. Like maybe a past event a death in the family or friends. Any bullying from school or sexual abusive. These kinds of traumas can trigger all those panic attacks , anxiety which you are ecperiencing. Have you talked anybody profesional about this? If not theres a lot of help out there which can help u sort you out.

Best regards

Gilbert

Just a suggestion, how is your diet? Try reducing caffeine and alcohol consumption. Eat more leafy greens, they provide minerals that soothe the nervous system. Reduce sugar intake if it is high. Good luck, keep us posted.

I know how you feel, I starting having anxiety when I was 12 and went on medication at 15.  I wish I had gone on it sooner!  I'm now 21 and have no anxiety anymore.  Here are some suggestions/thoughts:

1. Are you getting enough sleep/exercise these two things can affect your anxiety levels.  
2. Have you gotten professional help?  I was in therapy for about 3 years before taking meds and the techniques I learned still help me today.
3. Their are a lot of books/forums/websites on anxiety.  There is hope and a large community of people to support you.
4. Did you know that anxiety can be genetic (mine was) and in that case it is a chemical problem (your brain produces "panic" chemicals when their isn't an emergency).  If it is genetic and not caused by trauma then the only thing that will help is medicine and therapy.  It isn't a willpower issue, just like a diabetic can't just "think" himself out of needing insulin.  His body doesn't make enough of it and it is just the way it is.  
5. Zoloft and other similar anxiety medicines have very little or no side effects and have been on the market for years. 
6. Doctors prescribe a very low dose and then see how you do, and only increase the dose if you want them too.

Blessings and I hope you feel better soon.  Anxiety stinks!