Hello. About 5 months ago, i was over at a friends house and we were smoking. I cant remember if i was nervous or anxious while i was there, but i went home and went to sleep. I woke in the middle of the night in a panic state. i couldnt tell if it was from the weed or just me. I felt a pain in my back/ shoulder area and i felt like my collar bone had popped out of place. i also felt numb on the left side of my body. i thought i was having a stroke or becoming paralyzed. i felt like i would never play sports again and my panic grew worse. when i would close my eyes, i felt extremely dizzy and disoriented just laying down. even my vision out of my left eye worsened and my vision felt split. i woke up my mom and had her take me to the emergency room. i described my symptoms to them. i told them i had shoulder/ back pain and the left side of my body felt numb. they found it surprising that even my left side of my face and head and neck were numb. this did not relate to any specific disorder or injury. the final diagnosis was a muscle spasm in my neck. i was still in great panic. they gave me a vallium(a muscle relaxer) to treat pain and calm me down. they checked my heart rate 30 minutes later and it was still racing like it was before i took the pill. i left about 20 minutes later.

after that, i had was in a state of panic constantly. my heart and mind would race. i still felt numb on my left side and my left eye still feels heavy and my vision looked split. about a month later i told my mom i might have an anxiety problem. she set up an appt. with our doctor. all i told him was that i constantly am worried. one question he asked me was if i had been smoking any weed. i told him no. he prescribed me tofranil pm (an anti depressant) to take at night before bed.

after i began taking those, i would say my panic lessened to anxiety. ever since that night, i have not enjoyed smoking weed at all. sometimes, it would make my anxiety worse for a few days. my mind was always coming up with scenarios about how i could be made fun of or ridiculed. i constantly am paranoid about what other people think of me. i always believe the scenarios i make up are true and i beleive i know what other people are thinking about me. i became very quiet( i was shy already). i felt mute most of the time, especially when i was high.

my friends are frequent pot smokers. i have lost contact with them because hanging out with them involves smoking weed. even when i am with them, i harldly have the courage to say anything at all. i think i have lost my self confidence and esteem. i really have nothing to be ashamed of about myself. i am 6'5" a muscular 220 lbs i play football and basketball, girls find me attractive (even though since freshman year i have not began to become friends with many girls.) im not gay, im sure of that. im often afraid to speak in a large group of people.

i used to enjoy smoking weed alot until that one day. my entire life has changed since that night. this is my senior year, and ive never been more unhappy in my life. can anyone help me? thanks for reading

Smoking marijuana can definitely cause anxiety, and if it's not causing your anxiety, it can make your anxiety a whole lot worse. The problem is that it causes a spike in seratonin in your brain, which means that it floods your head and causes you to feel good. The problem is after--your brain's seratonin levels are depleted, and often your brain does not produce more which can cause serious anxiety. If you are worried about it, it's a good idea to give up weed for awhile to let your mood even out. Keep us posted!

I had a similar experience to you a while back, i though i had a stroke. But, i think it might be muscles in your neck. If you notice, your spinal cord goes all the way up to your head, and the top vertebrae right on your neck control your eyes and face and stuff. So, if you had a muscle spam that could be effected. How is your progress now ?

i am in the same siuation you are, ive been smoking everyday for 6 months, im only 16 and lost all self esteem for myself. i know im not gay but this anxiety sh*t going on, almost feels as if being depressed most of the time. i say give up on weed for a bit till u get ur personality back. atleast thats what ima do.

FINALLY!!!!! I am in the same situation...I used to be happy and I felt like the most positive person around and every since I started smoking weed a lot I have always been thinking about what people think of me and i cant think like i used to. I want to become the person I used to be but I can't seem to relax enough to do it. Good luck...totally feel you and you are who you are and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

ive been feeling anxiety...im 42 years old ive been smokig pot since i was 11 years old. it was never a problem..all of a sudden when i smoke i get panic attacks feel depressed.i dont drink alcohol.i dont use drugs other than the ones prescribed to me for anxiety....i dont want to take anything...i just want to feel normal..im worried if i stop smoking pot i will have bad withdraw.I live in brooklyn where everything is at a fast pace. i have two  kids i need to take care of.My wife is worried i wont snap out of it and everything is put on her....i havent sought therapy yet .dont know if that would help..i just want my life back be happy which i feel nothing i dont laugh at jokes or tv shows arent interesting....i am very sad by this im worried im gonna never be the old me ,happy funny and full with spirit...i dont know what to do .i am definately gonna stop smoking pot and see how i feel i want to get off the meds but by now i have to ween of of them because they are highly addictive..i gotta make it in life ...does anyone have any ideas what i can do to stop these attacks....hope someone out there can help me with this...and i dont think a shrink is the way to go ..all they do is say take this it will calm you down...(not)..maybe some one is experienceing the same thing...thanks ..looking for help

bro im 25 and like a 3 weeks ago i was on vacation and i pretty much stayed home and just drank and smoked alot... when i went back to work i felt as though i was getting an anxiety attack.. mind you ive been smoking heavy since 21 and ive been through a good amount of drugs but none as addicted as to the greenery..also i love weed man but it comes to a point where you gotta let go... i went to the hospital today cuz last night i smoked 2 fat blunts and i couldnt sleep when i got home... when i got to work really tired i started getting a panic attack and i left work early.. i felt cold/hot, panicky worried, depressed and like i was losing it... they prescribed me zanax.. ive already taken zanax when i was experimenting with drugs and honestly i dont wanna take it so.. to calm myself down i take a shower.. breathe deeply.. keep your mind off of whats bothering you.. find some sort of entertainment or a very good friend.. the best thing is to detox and just chill dont do no type of drug and stay away from alcohol as well.. i hope i helped something bro.. i feel you i was an everyday smoker but your better off without it gee believe me.. 

Im 15 years old and a freshmen in high school as well. Ever since i have smoke saliva which is a horrible drug in my opinion i had the worst trip of my life and cause extreme anxiety after using it. After I took salvia the next day i smoked a joint and my anxiety started coming back. After that i stopped smoking weed for around 2 months because of my anxiety when i took it. I smoked again after 2 months after my horrifying expeirence and im still having axiety ONLY when i smoke weed. I have extreme pain when im in the cold and i bugg out. Before i took salvia i loved smoking pot it would make me a relax funny person. I dont have anxiety when im not smoking weed and my mood have stayed the same no change of personality or anything. Im really troubled that i cant smoke with out having anxiety and confused by it. I really want to find out whats wrong with me. There might be a problem with my nerves or brain or maybe its just all in my head. But after i smoke bud my heart starts racing after a couple minutes. I think of bad thoughts when i smoked salvia and causes me to panic when i smoked weed. I really want to know whats wrong with me because honestly bud made me appreicate life and the things around me now it just buggs me out for a couple mins. Please reply if u have a similar problem or think what the problem is. Thanks

im 17 years old star track and football athlete with many friends and i had the same incident happen to me. i started frequently smoking and drinking during the winter and it caused a lot of anxiety for me. i had a sub par track season and im trying to get back to the normal me. I stopped smokign and drinking for two weeks and already the anxiety symptoms have gone away, not completely but enough to the point where i feel myself again. You have to keep your head up and not worry about what other people think or how they feel about you...Be yourself and everything will be fine..also if you need a low dosage of anxiety medicine ask your doctor

im 17 and ive been smoking siince 14. i also had anxiety and panic attacks while smoking.even the smallest hit wud trigger it.i also use to think everyone around me when smoking was talking about me or saying bad stuff or making fun off me but it was all in my brain. i am also veryshy and not that talkitive and the weed just made that worst. it felt like my throwt closed and like my voice got really bad and offand like i didnt have controll over my self.  everytime i wud speak the people around me wud look at me like if im silly or something. everytime i felt like this i wud tell my self to take it like a gee and snap out of it. i also thought that if the your friend or the people you were smoking with were talking bad about me or atleast i thought so i wud tell my self that they wudnt step up to me and that made me feel a little better sometimes. i think it was all in the brain tho. all this bunk seedy smoking out of a foil pipe weed really got to my head...coming on here and talking about it kinda helps with the anxiety a little bit.im sorry im no help..bye

omg... i know exactly what you mean.

im 38 been smoking for 20 years , smoked everyday... justthis last week i had the WORST paninc attack ever, it started friday and today is thursday i think and im not taking anxiety meds, havent smoked in days, i feel sick (nauseated) havent eated, im sad depressed... normally i am the life of the party now i feel weak and embarassed i have been broken down and overwhelmed with anxiety. I friend just asked me what kind of weed i smoked, i dont get medical weed, so its a toss up, i get what i get, no one ever knows whatthe heck they have, just lame names... whioch lead me here...well if anything im glad im not alone, i thought i was having a heart attack, i cant fall asleep because im always checking my pulse, im scared to be alone... im gonna stop smoking for awhile.. what the heck, wont kill me to stop for a minute...

People have to be very careful due to the supply of the fake bake weed i call it. this wil cause all kinds of anxiety attack and send you threw the rigners of a bad time. I smoked cannabis for years almost 23 befor i quit due to better jobs, however i went through a faze of smoking the fake bake k2 or super kush as i remember it being called and i could never get ahold of the rains of this monster. the dproblem is that some street sellers willmix in this c**p with there weed to make yo think its the best you have come across, but the truth is that is is a completely different felling and will cause all the symtoms of panic and anxiety attack., that can last for days.

dont blame the weed , blame the corrupt system of having to deal with a black market of dealers that want money no mater how they cant get it. cannabis in it original state is harmless with very minimal side effects. just like all medication there will be a set time for you toknow and understand how the effect control your motor skills and your ability to function normaly. but if you get junk c**p of the street because some c**p dealer is more worried about making a dollar of of the market by hying up his or he product then that is the problem, not the weed.

but weed is not for everyone, its only for those who can use it and look people ing the eyes when they talk or deal with the public. because is you are ashamed of your self for using cannabis you will develope remorse  and panic at the simople thought that someone knows yor dirty little secret. dont be ashamed for youing cannabis, its natural, old your head hi , once adapted to this product its no different than any other medicine you take , only with presritions you fell less ashamed when using it because it is socialy acceptable  to use drugs if the dr gives it to you.

I am 25yrs old i started smoking weed when i was 12 one day i woke up at like 7:30am feeling depressed my chest felt heavy it was weird i never felt like this before.

I've only smoke pot 4 times and I had 2 major panic attacks out of that 4. My first panic attack I took one big hit out of a mini bong about 4in and was panicking the whole night and just wanted to go to sleep. The next day I still felt worried and was thinking it was something else but it was just a hangover from the weed. The 2nd panic attack was after school and took a couple hits from a pipe and got the same panic attack i tried to splash water on my face to get the highness away but I had to just wait till it wore off, and it did. Until about 2 or 3 days later i was walking in my school halls and was just thinking about that high feeling and it just all off a sudden came back to me like I just got high thinking about it. So for 3 months I can't get it off my mind and I feel like I'm going crazy. Can a doctor please respond.