:roll: Hi, im new here, about 6 months ago i had an panic attack, i passed out, made like a gurgling sound, my hands and feet felt like needles and pins, then i couldnt breathe, on my way to the hospital my husband had to stuck his finger in my throat (hold my tongue back cause i felt i was gonna swallow it) terrible feeling, i felt like dieing.I have a 3 year old daughter and are married, im 23 years old. The night before this attack we went to a party and we drank quite allot, and i think someone drugged me with ecstacy, cause all my friends did it except me. dont know if that could have caused something, didnt tell my doctor, they put me on anti depressant prozac 20mg for anxiety, when is started it i felt like i was going to die, i couldnt sleep and felt like planning my death or writing the letter, im still anxious, scared of not being able to breathe, choking or never getting better, im so tired of this. i want to know what i can do, think my meds is wrong. Please post back, please, please

Welcome! Glad you are here and I hope we can help in steering you in the right direction.

There are several things to do if you suffer from anxiety or panic attacks. First, see your doctor - which you did, but a second opinion is okay too. If you are not satisfied with the results, get another opinion on the matter. This can also rule out other symptoms that are similar to panic attack symptoms like thyroid disease. Next, think about whether your anxiety/panic feelings have any "pattern." Sometimes, if there is a "pattern" to the anxiety or panic feelings related to a time or a certain activity or a thought, that is an important clue to alleviating and later eliminating the symptoms. Then, learn some relaxation techniques. A licensed MSW or counselor could help you with some of these techniques and also guide you in the right direction. Lastly, education and exercise are crucial components in getting well. In relation to dealing with anxiety or panic disorders, exercise helps to prevent the attacks due to the stress release benefits, as well as to help burn up the adrenaline and other stress hormones in the body that have accumulated due to stress or an anxiety or panic episode.

Best of luck to you.

Mrs. S wrote:

Hi
It was a huge mistake not to tell your doctor what your suspicions were about the ecstasy. That was critical information. The meds he prescribed were based on partial information and there still could be a risk of what are referred to as contraindications between the meds. That means that, if you did have ecstasy in your system, the drug he prescribed could have negatively reacted with the ecstasy. You've got to go back to the doctor and let him know. He may not be happy, but you've got to tell him what went on. Your current symptoms may be totally misdiagnosed. The episode you described sounded more like a seizure than a panic attack. Start all over with the doctor. You've got to go back to him/her with complete information. The current meds could be doing more harm than good. You've got to take care of yourself, for your child.

I went to anther doctor, he sended me to check if i have epilepsy, they said i dont, maybe it was a once off seizure, i dont know, but im scared. he said that i should start weaning of my anti depressants Prozac 20mg, cause thats making me more anxious and just take ativan. Im so scared, dont know what to do :$

Try not to worry as that can affect anxiety and stress is not good for your body. Do you have a support system or someone in your family/friends that you can talk to? If you are really scared and just don't know, check back with your doctor. It is important to have them address your concern and not leave the office with unanswered questions or uneasiness. You are in control of your healthcare. Keep us updated. I am sure there are a lot of women out there who have dealt with this and will share their advice as well. Hope you are able to find all the answers you need. Best of luck to you and please keep us updated. We care!

Mrs. S.
How are you now. Did you see a doctor to find out what can be done to help you? Your symptoms were pretty serious. Have you been checked for epilepsy? I really hope that you have some answers now and that you have remained safe, even if the attacks continue. Brenda suggested a support system. Did you find one? We are really interested in knowing if you are doing better. Please update us regarding your situation. We will be waiting to hear from you.

I think the girl who is 23 would do better on zoloft. You need to go back to the Dr. Hang in their. You do need to pull yourself together for your kids sake. You are asking for help & that is the first step to recovery.