Hi! I'm 27 years old and I have some kind of pituitary gland disorder. My doctor prescribed to me some drugs and I'm better now. But I'm worried very much. Please, can somebody tell me is pituitary gland disorder somehow related to not being able to get pregnant? And how? Thanks!

Hi! I'm 27 years old and I have some kind of pituitary gland disorder. My doctor prescribed to me some drugs and I’m better now. But I’m worried very much. Please, can somebody tell me is pituitary gland disorder somehow related to not being able to get pregnant? And how? Thanks!

Is the drug your Doctor put you on Bromocriptine? or Parlodell? If it is the drug is used to supress the prolactain secreted when a woman is nursing. If you have had any leakage from the breast your body will not ovulate because it thinks you are nursing. Parlodell (bromocriptin) will stop the lactating and you should ovulate. If you have a pituitary tumor or prolactinoma do not get it removed... usually when these growths are removed they also take the pituitary which means to ever having a chance of having a baby you must go through ivf or other fertility treatments. Ask your Dr. to send you to an endocronologist and ask him if parlodell will help in your situation.

I got pregnant on parlodell...but then had the tumor removed and can't get pregnant with out fertility treatment.

good luck ..email me if you have any other questions