Hi! My cousin has a huge medical problem. His diagnosis is pituitary adenoma. When I heard that is some kind of tumor I was terrified. But it’s truth that I don’t know much about it. Please, can somebody tell me something more about pituitary adenomas and how dangerous they can be? Thanks!

Hello! I can understand that you are worried a lot. You should know that pituitary adenomas are not cancerous. These are benign tumors. But pituitary adenomas may cause certain changes in hormonal balance, nerve damage or growth disturbances. The cause of pituitary adenoma is unknown. Surgery is the most common treatment for it.

Hi there,
Unfortunately pituitary adenomas are tumors and they can happen to one out of one thousand people. This is not a small stake at all. So I think that your cousin has to focus on further testing and on the treatment because this is not a simple disease. There are several treatment methods with medication but most common treatment for pituitary adenomas is surgery. Most doctors will suggest him this. Surgery is done to remove the tumor without affecting other parts of the brain. He has to know that this is not a simple procedure. I think that doctors usually do this with endoscopic surgery. How long ago was he diagnosed? Is he on any therapy right now?

deal nelie....my dad has just bee disgnosed with pituitary macroadenoma . the reports says that there is evidence of a lobulated sellar/suprasellar mass showing intense post contrast enhacement measuring 2.8 x 2.7x 3.4 cm with involvement of both cavernous sinuses....he is 70 years of age....will the surgeory be life threatening? wht if we just rely on medicine and not surgeory?

what is present scenerio Pl . Has he been cured?