I didn't know what I am going to hear when I went to mammography. If I did I would be more prepared for the news that I have heard. First I have found out that I have some calcium deposits in my breasts which are called calcifications. By further analyzes they have determine that I have atypical hyperplasia. Is that means that I will have breast cancer?

Atypical hyperplasia is condition in which cells are abnormal and increased in number. It can moderate increase the chance of developing breast cancer. But it doesn't mean that you have breast cancer. Calcifications have probably been noticed on mammography. It can be mistaken for cancer in less experienced doctor. But they are benign and rarely cause problems. You are in risk of developing cancer but with regular monitoring you will be OK. I wish you best of lack.