I am 34 years old and I would like to say I'm in perfect health but that is just not the case. I have coughs that are not mild at all, and all I got from the doctor is codeine prescription (in package with paracetamol). Codeine did help, but I was wondering, why did I get codeine with paracetamol? What is the connection?

This mixture probably gives the better result than when those two drugs are separated. And as far as I know, the mechanisms are slightly different, which is a good thing. Codeine is an effective medicament, but I guess doctor already told you not to take it if it does not help after a week (maximum). Do as he/she says, you really don't want any troubles with this drug.

the real reason if if you take too many pills, you wont just get too much codeine and get addicted, you'll get really sick from the paracetamol

Codeine Contin Comes in 100mg or 200mg dosages 50% Sulfate 50 % Phosphate