I cannot eat anything slightly sweet as it makes me feel sick. This started about 2 weeks ago- why?

I just started this too....otherwise I am healthy, but eating something sweet makes me instantly sick...did you find out what was wrong with you?

I'm the same way...ever since I was growing up as a kid in elementary school I constantly get sick and forced my mother leaves work to pick me up from school almost daily, I felt bad and decided not to eat at school just to keep my mother at work but she took me to doctor to find out why I'm always sick but still nothing...my mother decided to make my own lunch and I never got sick, the only thing she knew not to give me anything sweet...I do not like all kind of soda, sometime it make my mother mad after she bought me happy meal from mcdonalds that comes with a coke, orange, sprite, strawberry and I pushed soda aside that I don't want to drink she said I would be wasting her money then she started scolding me that's when she started picking up and see what else I can't eat or drink..here is a list I don't like....sweet n sour pork, chicken, barbeque sauce, sweet potato pie, peach cobbler, banana, any puddings, or any pies, anything that taste sweet I spit out fast before I started react in public or in front of my kids...I am now 44 years old I still never know why but of course I asked my doctor about that...all I got was "wow, you should be glad and it's normal" that's not what I wanted to hear....I need to know what was wrong with me, am I having some type of diseases or am I gonna live long but I do know what I gotta do is taking vitamins, eat cut up oranges, cantalope, watermelon, rounded apple, vegetable except sweet peas and okra, and drink plenty of water but water is my life bec I can't drink soda or juices...good thing I can drink orange juice and ruby red grapefruit juice that's it...so you out there, take what I did...vitamins, vegetable, fruit, and most of all is exercise then you're good...God bless you!

Same here. Started around age 15. Doctors say the same thing "you should be glad" or "just stay away from sweets". Mine is worst if I eat or drink items that have been sweetened while eating a meal.

I am 25 and I also have a similar problem. I can't eat or drink anything sweet or I get deathly sick im not sure why this is. But it's so annoying!! I wish someone could tell me what's wrong with me. Iv been this way since I was born ?my sister is also the same way she is older then me so I find this to weird I mean my brother is about 4 years older than me And he doesn't have this issue at all he's all about that suger lol.

Thank you for your reply. My son is 14 and is going through this weird thing right now. Even apples are doing this to him.

Use a probiotic and enteric coated peppermint oil caps . It’s most likely a bit allergic to sugar and IBS . You may be saving yourself from diabetes.