Please help me, for i have tried everything i can think of without going to a doctor!!! For the past 3 months i have been phyically and mentally ill and im not sure why. The biggest symptom of all of this is that when im with my girlfriend whom i love with all my heart, i feel phyically sick to my stomach, and because of this i start thinking all kinds things like maybe i don't love her, or maybe im gay or something. These thought i more often then not I can't control and they will ravage me for hours. Sometimes i get these thoughts when i think about her or talk on the phone with her too, and i don't understand why. It's not just her though, sometimes i feel like this when im alone, or when im at work, and im not sure if its because i constantly think about her or bring her into my thoughts to try and show myself it just isn't her and its something else in my life causing it or what. Thing is though sometimes i feel sick around her, sometimes i don't, sometimes i feel more sick when im alone or at work and i feel fine around her. Lastly the only other symptom i seem to be having is regardless of wether im around her or not i haven't eaten well in 3 months either as food makes me nauseous when eating it sometimes and the thought of eating is an unpleasant one. I love my girlfriend with everything that i am and am willing to do anything (except give her up) to feel better...please if there is anyone out there who has been in my shoes or knows anything, your wisdom would be priceless. Thanks =)

If your feelings are sso strong like it seems ....from reading your post.....I would see a psychiatrist If I were you and have a little talk with a professional who may help you deal and understand your feelings.

There is nothing wrong with seeing a psychiatrist, i did it when I had problems with grief and when my mother started suffering from depression.

I haven't got any health insurance though until the beginning of the year and even then i can only afford basic health car and prescriptions...unfortunatly mental health isn't covered =( I have been doing alot of research though and i think it might be some kind of anxiety, do you think that is a possibility?

psionus, i had the same problem as you! i had a year long relashionship last year with my girlfriend that i loved so much, most times when i thought of my heri felt very ill, when i was going to visit her i felt so sick, i loved her very much i couldnt understand what was wrong, i think its all in the mind, i sat and thought about other things during my sick times, and i was cured for a short while, when i knew we were going to have sex i felt sick again, but during sex i was completly normal, like i said, its all in the mind, try concentrate on other things for short periods of time, keep yourself busy. hope this helps!

Cheers
Gapz

im quite young. only 17. but i sometimes feel like this as well. ive been with my girlfriend for just a little over 4 months (an insanely short time), but ive fallen completely in love with her. But i feel sick alot of the time. Its been this way for a little over a month now, and i dont know how serious you could take my advice, considering my age, but i came to the conclusion that im new to all this. ive been in love, or so i thought, before, but this is really different. im so worried about hurting her feelings, or pushing her away from me, or doing anything wrong. Its insane. I shouldn't be derpressed over these things, but i cant help it. I love her with all my heart, and want to be with her for the rest of my life. Its a very startling thought. I hope this helps

How long have you been dating her????? do you remember anything special or if something happened before you started feeling sick with her??????? have you tried being with some other girl to see if you feel the same things????????

my ex girlfriend [whom i love with all my heart and she loved me too] used to have the same problem when she was near me.. it started after the first month of our relationship.
but she couldnt deal with it so...we are still close friends and things are weird cuz she says she loves me, but she doesnt want to hurt me. i think that's very similar to what the other guy said here.
when we get to solve it ill let you know.
i think it has something to do with commitment and being immature..she is 17 and im 19.
who knows.
see if you can get analyzed or something like that.

good luck.

you'll be alright, it's just a faze.

you just have to come to some understandings with yourself, who you are what you want etc. and whatever your descisions are, you have to accept them.

i personally don't think psychologists are much of any helpers for anything, what they gonna do prescribe you a bunch of medication and **** up your head?

be strong, confident, if you love her it's ok, you probably feel a little uneasy, and if its a deep relationship you might get overwhealmed at some things, but that's probably because your not used to it.

remember keep your head up and be confident, its all in you.

Dude i have the exact same thing you have!...except i couldnt handle it anymore and i broke up with my girlfriend about 2 months ago...ive tried to blame it on how much i work and that i dont eat well seeing as at the time i was... but recently i havent been working as much and eat whenever...and i rarely get it when im by myself... but i still get that queasy feeling when i think about her or am around her..and its horrible because i want to be with her so bad but i just cant get over this stupid feeling...sometimes its smells that trigger it...i can just sit there and if shed walk by id catch a wiff and my stomach would start turning....it sounds horrible but i know exactly how youre feeling...i dont know what it is and all i want more than anything is relief...it sucks sooo much knowing that if you could youd spend all your time around them and be there for them but you phisically cant because of something so stupid...i need it to know what it is...and i need it to go away

i know what you mean bro...i hate the fact that you are going through the same thing as i but its sorta good to know im not alone...thanks for the post =)

im 27 years old and i have been in many relationships long and short and i have never had the sick stomach feelings until a met and dated this girl about a year ago and when i realized that i was so much in love with her and that i would want to spend my life with her i started to get the sick feeling all the time even when we talk on the phone or when she is away but not so much when she is close to me. The feeling is so bothersome and i also just want it to stop and lately i have had no appetite for food cause of this feeling. I guess i realized that if i try to keep myself very busy and not think about her then the sick feeling might go away but its so hard for me to do cause she is always on my mind.. I wish i could understand why i feel this way and how to stop this feeling.

hey, im a girl and i feel the same way when i even think about him!
hope it will go away...

what did you guys end up doing about this?
i feel the same way and don't know what to do.

I dont think it has anything to do with your girl friend.I was dating this guy for 2 1/2 years (we are now engaged, and i love him so much)and 6 months after we started dating he told me that he keeps getting nauseous around me or when he would think of me so he went to a doctor to get it checked out but the doctor said he is fine. After we got engaged his nausea was gone. Mabe it just that u love your girlfriend so much that you dont want her to leave you. Before u make any choses check with your doctor to make sure its nothing serious. Hope this helps. :-) :-D

I'm feeling these exact same things. I'd go into details but I just can't. The tears are already rolling down my face as I type this. I love this girl sooo much. So why do I feel so sick and worried all the time? Does it eventually go away? My appetite and sleep have suffered immensely from it.

I don't get it. How can you feel so great and so horrible towards someone at the same time? I guess it's good to know that I'm not alone, but there doesn't seem to be any solutions to this that I've read in this topic. Do I have to break up with her? I can't imagine putting myself or her through that. And what if I do that and this feeling doesn't go away?

Any more input or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. I wonder what happened with those who posted earlier in this topic.