Several hours after I drink a soda I have a very upset stomach. This can last for several more hours and only seems to end when I am completely empty.. throwing up or going to the bathroom.

This happens with Diet De-caf coke, diet root beer, diet seven-up, regular seven-up and regular raspberry soda. The problem started about 18 months ago.

My solution has been to completely give up drinking all sodas. I can challenge test this and cause the upset stomach, so it is definitely the sodas but I don't know what it is in the sodas that is causing the problem.

I had a shake from Carl's Jr the other day and had the exact same problem. So it isn't the fizz in the sodas.

Normally I am fine. Give up the sodas and now the shakes and I am fine for months until I try to have one again.

Everything I find on the net says that drinking 7-up should calm an upset stomach.

What ingredient in all these sodas could be causing this problem?

I have the exact same problem. I'd love to know what it is that is causing this.

have you had a diabetes test? if not, i would suggest you get one. you could be in the beginning stages of it. i had an upset stomach for almost 2 years after drinking several sodas a day. then i decided i needed a diabetes test because i reached over 40 and wanted to see if i was a.o.k.... well, turns out that warning sign of upset stomachs after sugar, was telling me i was in the early stages of diabetes. Good luck and i hope this helped.

I have the same problem. It is very weird, only drinks from places like movie theaters make me really sick. I have the same symptoms. I can drink any soda from cans or two litter bottles. but the fountain drinks from some places make me really sick. I can drink and drink on the movies and it is fine... once i get out starts the pain and the rush to the bathroom. doesn't matter how long it is the movie. It is very weir because if it is a really long movie it doesn't start until i get out. I don't know if it has something to do with getting cold outside or the change of temperature.... but once i am out there you go... I went to the dr and they couldn't find anything wrong. I even got a Colonoscopy. blood test etc etc... nothing wrong.

I can also only drink from bottles and such but not the fountain drinks but i found this ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I noticed that i also get sick from fountain drinks especially those from the CARROL's family (pizza hut..taco bell..burger king..)..I can drink a 20oz.bottle from any store and feel fine..it must be some kind of process used in carbonating the water ..I wish i knew because we could all get together and sue the company for destroying our stomachs..

The same thing has just recently happened to me. Whenever I drink a diet coke, I get nauseated. I don't have to drink the whole thing for it to happen. I am a diabetic but it is diet soda. Wish I knew why??

I have the same problem with all sodas. I know its commercial soda (coke, Pepsi, mountain dew,sprite, etc.) because I have no problem drinking sparkling water and the like. unfortunately I keep forgetting and all night I throw up. :'(

This may be a little late, but I hope all of you read this. I have the same problem and come to find out I have developed a caffeine allergy. Everyone symptoms can vary from person to person, but mainly a tummy ache, hot and cold sweats(usually when you havent gone to the rest room yet), heart palpitations. I try not to drink soda and when I do, I always regret it. I have yet to find something that soothes my tummy afterwards. I wish you all luck! 

Hi.  I have the same issues.  My biggest problem is guys on here like MIKE who want to sue companies.  That is so uneducated.  Maybe MIKE and the rest of us could stop drinking the stuff if it bothers us.  NOT sue companies!! Not nice..

I also have the same problem. It seems like I can drink soda from the can, or bottle, but fountain drinks make me feel queazy a few hours later. In my early 20's I used to be able to guzzle a 44oz fountain soda with a refill, but now any more than a small sized drink (with no refill) is too much. It is quite obvious that fountain soda is not the same as the soda you buy in the can, because they don't taste anything alike. I suspect it is caused by that nasty syrup formula that mixes with the water at the nozzle. Either that or the carbonated toilet water they use. Blech, it is disgusting even thinking about it now.

I would say stop drinking pop, soft drinks, or soda. If this does not work well with you, quit forever. I am not a huge fan of these drinks because when I drink, I'm always full, bloated and have gas until I fart or poop (sounds funny; however, I am serious). I don't belch and it is not healty for the body. I would encourage people to drink more water, tea, change the way they eat, and get a colonic. People should have colon hydrotherapy in their area.

Good Luck!

ViVo Colonics wrote:

Billy Bob wrote:

Good Luck!

I get the worst stomach pains about 20-30 minutes after I drink regular soda - I don't drink diet soda or decaf soda. The pain gets very bad and I usually have to use the bathroom. This has gone on for years and finally figured out it must be the soda. I am trying to cut back on it, but I think I am somewhat addicted to the caffeine in it. I am drinking more water these days.

I drank a half can of Pepsi today and am miserable. I've read posts here about feeling bloated and vomitous and these are definitely happening for me. I've tried to throw up repeatedly with no success. Sitting on the toilet yields little in regard to finding relief. For those who target fountain drinks specifically, those machines aren't cleaned enough. The "cleanest" stuff coming out of there is lemonade folks. The layer of fizz at the end of you dispensing soda is not just carbonation. There's a reason those bubbles don't pop as fast as you'd think. Maybe TMI for some, but with how I'm feeling right now, I don't give a c**p. Somebody help meeee!

Does this happen when you travel also? The water use to make Fountain Drinks Come from that location. Have you ever had a fountain Drink made from well water?(smells).