Hello, I am 17 years old and I am really desperate. 

I gained more than 10 pounds in one month and I really don't know what is the reason for this. Stress because of the school, I don't know.

It can be anything.

I really want to lose my weight, so I started to run every night, but I can't expect to see some progress if I don't start to eat healthy.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of money to take care of my food, of those foods that I can and can't eat, so I think that soda can be good for me. At least, I was reading about this.

Does baking soda really works for weight loss?

Hello Melly. Baking soda can help you to have better health and to lose your weight as well. I won't talk about all benefits that soda has for your health, I will let your doctor to tell you more about this because I am sure that you need to consult him first.

Anyway, losing weight with baking soda can be a good start and you can also improve your body health.

I would recommend you to drink it alone, but if you can't, you should try to drink it with lemon juice for example.

Good luck. 

Getting so many pounds in that short time can be the sign of something else. First, I would recommend you to visit some nutritionist because I believe that there must be some other reason for this. Maybe I am wrong, but that would be my first option. It would be a good idea to talk to your parents about this, I am sure that they will understand it. Look, when it comes to baking soda, it can help you to lose your weight, but not that soon. In any case, you really should consult doctor and some nutritionist who can help you find the cause of your abnormal weight gain.

You haven't told your parents about your issues?

You should. It can be everything, I really don't want to scare you. Sure, soda is the cheapest but effective in this aim. 

All you need is: half of tablespoon of unprocessed sea salt, half of tablespoon of baking soda, coconut water or regular water, half of cup of lemon juice and raw, organic honey.

If you mix all those ingredients, you will drink really healthy beverage that will also help you in your aims. 

But I agree that you should visit you doctor to see is everything OK with you, are you generally healthy or not. 

I have tried to talk to my mom, but she keeps telling me that I am fat because I eat too many fast food and other unhealthy things. I mean, I do eat it, but not that much. Anyway, I don't know is there some reason that could be the main thing why I'm sick. I am feeling OK, just a little bit stressed and I am sure that this is the reason why I am gaining my weight. I don't think that I should call my doctor, I think that all I should do is to start to drink this soda and see if it is going to help me.

Melly, that is not a good idea. I mean, what if you have some healthy issues, what soda can do for you? Nothing! You can drink 10 liters per day and still you won't be able to see some results. In this case you will be even more stressed and there is a huge chance for you to gain some extra weight again. So, that is why all those people are telling you to visit your doctor. Nobody is lying to you or telling you some things that are silly. We are older, we have experience in this and we are trying to help you. You should really listen to us on this one.

Look, if girl wants to try soda, she should. She is aware that there are so many products available in the market that would help you lose weight and they are really expensive. Soda is OK and soda can't harm her.

A lot of people have started with diet program that contains baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Generally, everyone knows that the apple cider vinegar and baking soda is effective for weight loss and to alkalize your blood ph and that is not a bad thing. There are also a number of articles that talk on the wonders of using a combination of the apple cider vinegar and the baking soda and you can find them in here.

Inform yourself about this,but sure - consult someone who has experience.