Hi, I had a root canal down a couple of months ago, but it does not recover well. So I am asked to have an Apicoecomy, I am worried about it, does anyone have a similar experience about it. And what is the success rate on this surgery. Thanks!

The apicoectomy, or root end surgery involves a surgical procedure where the tooth's root tip is removed.  The tooth cavity is than filled with a biocompatible material after the tooth had been prepared to accept it.  This procedure is recommended when no other alternatives are available (other than tooth extraction).  The success rate is very high if done by a skilled endodontist.  I believe you will have no problems with this surgical procedure.  It will take about to two weeks to heal up from it. With good oral hygiene, you will heal much quicker without risk of infection.  Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Hey ybanks522, thanks very much! I was reading someone's post, probably one year ago. Their discussion scared me, some said the success rate only 60%. When you mean heal up, that means the outside, right? so I can brush and eat normal, but the inside needs more time to recovery?