Hi, I will have apicoectomy next week, because my root canal surgery failed. Now I have infection, and affected tissue has to be removed. I am interested are there any problems related to apicoectomy that I should be aware of.

Hi, I had apicoectomy last month when my root canal was infected. The root tip was removed along with my infected tissue, so they put a filling to seal the end of the root. Before the surgery, I was given an antimicrobial mouth rinse, anti-inflammatory medication and antibiotics. They gave me anesthetic and lift the gum away to get the infected tissue. I didn’t have any apicoectomy related problems, but I know some people who did. My friend had problems with her sinuses after the apicoectomy, because they operated her tooth in the upper jaw. Sometimes problems can appear when the nerve is damaged during the surgery. Don’t be scared, those complications are rare and most of the apicoectomies go well.

had a apicoectomy about 8 months ago. i now have a speech problelm, trouble drinking and eating a nerve must have been hit and no one seems to know what to do to fix it