An apicoectomy was performed on tooth #11 approximately 5 months ago. The pain is the same as before the procedure. I feel ill and tired most of the time. Post-op visit, the endodontist checked my xray and said it has healed nicely and looks fine. I explained to him I don't feel well and the pain and pressure is still bothersome and keeps me awake at night. He said well it looks good, and sent me on my way. What can be done now? Extraction? I cannot afford an implant. Any help you can give me is much appreciated.

You could get a second opinion- a new set of eyes will often find residual infection but this might just end in necessitating another costly procedure - since it is #11 you should try to avoid extraction at all costs because if you cannot afford an implant a maxillary flipper or bridge (depending on what u have on your adjoining teeth) are you only other options.
Did the endodontist have you take a round of antibiotics after the procedure? How long ago was it? Did he take more than one x-ray on the tooth at different angles? I definately feel for you- even though I have worked in the dental field for many of years I had a root canal and had an extra root that it took everyone an additional 6 months to find...
I hope yours gets resolved well before that - Good luck :-)