when can I start lifting and stretching? I had a appendectomy on Dec.18?

Hi there! I had appendectomy three weeks ago. I am going for short walks already but I try not to get exhausted because my doc told me to go back to activities slowly.

I go in for aerobics and I am such a fan but I don’t want to push any activities until my doc says I am safe. That is actually what he told me. I had a follow-up last week and the healing’s making progress but he told me to wait until the next appointment to fully return to normal activities.
I asked about the recovery process and he said it takes between 4 and 6 weeks.

So, if everything’s in order you should be fine by now but why not wait for another week or so, just to be on the safe side.
I hope you don’t mind me asking but I have developed a problem that I found embarrassing talking to my doc about. I became constipated and it takes a lot of pushing and I don’t know if I should do that. I tried eating vegetables during last week and drinking a lot of water but it’s not helping, at least not yet. I don’t know if I should take laxatives!?! Have you, by any chance, developed the same problem, or maybe know something about this? Thank you

Recovery takes about four to six weeks.

Well, I had to take stool softeners. I called the nurse at the doctor's office and she told me I need to go. I had already been 4 days after surgery and I was worried. So I took two pills as indicated and next afternoon I went TG!!!!