hi, im 16 years old female. i'd been having gastro problems for 4 months before i got appendicitis. but ever since i have still have gastro problems. alot of the time i've had a chronic pain in the same region. my appendix is no longer there, but i still feel that same pain. sometimes i began to wonder if they have caught a nerve in the scar tissue. does anyone have simular problems with post appendectomies? especially six months afterward. i've had an abdominal ultrasound, a CT scan, blood tests, urinary tests and a colonoscopy. but the most they came up with was swollen lymph nodes in the site of the op (which apparently can be normal, due to some fluid). im starting to get frustrated, and perhaps its not even my intestines, it could be my ovaries or something simular. does anyone have anything to say on this? im gettting extremely frustrated with the pain. i take too much time off school and work and cant play sport, and sometimes it even gets in the way of my relationship. i might just add that i have major depression too, i have had this for 3 years, but thats under control and i dont know what else could be wrong.

my list of medications-
lovan 30mg (antidepressant)
logynon ED (the pill)

anyone?

Hello! I suffered from acute appendicitis and was admitted in the hospital right away. I had no problems following appendectomy but I was rather anxious. As I have never had any problems before, this surgery made me anxious especially after it was over.

This girl that was lying next to me was admitted for the same reason you’re complaining just a month after appendectomy. Then I found out about the possible complications. She has been checked for obstruction of the small bowels and incision hernia, had all sorts of tests and was released home because nothing was found.

Doctors said that it happens often that patients were admitted for non specific abdominal pains following appendectomy and that most of the patients were females. None of them were found any complications, which is really weird but seems to happen often.

I am very sorry you have to go through this! What were you told in the end? Have you been ordered any other tests?

i havent had anymore tests, i am supposed to be getting a call from a surgeon this week about a camera in through my belly. but yeh, they possibly think its my kidneys or ovaries. i dont know, but i am sure there is something wrong.

it happens to me often that i feel something's really wrong but in the end it turns it wasn't much big of a deal. it could be just in our heads and the way we percieve pain. Anyway, i hope your results turn out to be good and that you will be symptoms-free soon.

Let me know what the further tests show!

hey, i had an appendectomy two years ago and have since been experiencing similar pain. same here, doctors have done tons of tests and are finding nothing....similarly frustrated, can't sleep, blah blah. WAS YOUR SURGERY LAPROSCOPIC?

i too had an appendectomy 2 years ago this july and i have not been the same since. i had the "old fashion" surgery. i suffer pain in the area of incision, and almost every day have pain in the middle of my stomach as if my intestines are in a rock-hard ball. the pain is similar to the referred pain i had during appendicitis. i have zero energy, get sick to my stomach when i speed walk for even 15 minutes - i'm used to being incredibly active and incredibly in-shape, and i'm suffering depression from lack of activity. it seems to get worse during ovulation, but the fact that the pain and sickness is there regardless of where i am in my cycle makes me think it's not my ovaries that's the prob. i'm so sick of this. please share anything you have to share and, if any of you find out anything, please let me know.

hey 2 years after my appendectamy, same thing.. a nice recurrent pain where my appendix was. when you press, it hurts, the harder you press the more it hurts. start on the left side of your body, press, doesnt hurt, move to the right, the closer to the apendectamy surgury you get, the more it hurts. .... pain in the butt, it looks like we are going to take it to the grave.. one thing i've found that seems to relieve the pain a little bit is to drink a small cup of cannibis tea. Unfortunately its illegal so you cant just pick it up at the local drug store. You have to ask around for a good source of 100% pure canibis. Take a little piece, mash it up with a knife, toss it in a small pot, use 100% real butter ( about 1 table spoon), and boil it for 15 minutes with about 1 cup of water. Get rid of the grass, and drink the tea when it cools. Add honey or vanilla extract, whichever flavor you like best, and drink it. In as little as 10 minutes, you will feel the pain go away because of the THC. Do some searches on this to get more information, just be carefull with what you read

Hey i had appendix removed when i was 12 im now 21 and still suffering with pain on my right side i have had scar tissue removed 3 times,,, now i have been told that scar tissue has got hold of my tube on my right side, the worst thing is iv had it removed so many times when is the scar tissue ever going to end awaiting my surgery again too make an opening on my ovary

Agree think were taking this one to the grave no cure except surgery and surgery causes scar tissue no win case

I am now 16. I started getting admoninaly pains one day when i was 11 and then the next day then pain moved to my lower right side. My dad had appendicitus ands showed me his massive scar and told me how his burst and how his dad had it and how his grandfather died because of it. This freaking me out i decided not to tell them where the pain was. This a mistake because 6 months later i got the same pain only worse. This time mum didnt muck around and took me 2 her gp. The immediatley sent me to ED. I was in ED lying on the ground in aggony, while she filled in the paaperwork. 8 hours later a very drugged up me have my appedix out. The docotors told me i was luckly mine didnt burst coz i left it so long. SO any way 2 months later (i was a gymnast) i could do the bar due to the lowest scar and had to get several ingections in my stomach. But about 1 year later to this day i have have adominal pain in the same way as appedicitus. REally hurts when i press on itand i get hard intestines, i havent been to the doctor do you think i should? From what you tell me they dont really help? Let me know if there has been any progress which your problems :-)

i have recently had my appendix out( just over 6 weeks), and there were a few complications, i also suffered from peritonitis, and was quite ill. i appeared to be making a speedy recovery and got back into sports and college again. however just recently i have had chronic pain in my stomach area, that also tightens the left side of my chest. now i know it hasnt been very long however, this pain has been getting worse and worse. it feels like a similar pain as the appendicitis however i no longer have one! lol!
somebody please help, as it is beginning to affect how i live my life!!!

I suffered for 2 and 1/2 years from chronic appendicitis. I had holes in my appendix so they didn't know what was wrong because there was no infection. I had dr's tell me I was a liar and a drug addict. They finally decided that I had endometriosis and did laproscopy surgery to find out how advanced it was. When they went in they found that my appendix was full of holes and almost black. They removed it and I started getting better. I have since started to get pain in the right side of my stomach where my appendix used to be. It is similar to the pain I have from my gallbladder surgery. They call it phantom pains. They haven't been able to figure out why it happens but it does. You get pains similar to what you had when the organ was still in the body. There isn't a whole lot that you can do about it. Even narcotics don't seem to work for me but I have noticed that once I accepted that I wasn't going to be able to get rid of it it didn't get so bad and when it would get bad I would put pressure in the area because even though it is slightly painful it is a contstant pain not a sharp jabbing pain I would hold it there for about 15 minutes that then the pain would dissapear. That is what helps me and what I have figured out. I am sorry that you all have to go through this. I hope that this helps a little.

I had laparoscopic gall bladder surgery 2 years ago.
The pain never went away and only got worse.
Had 2 exploratory surgeries (2nd one removed my appendix) that made things even worse.
Now I have a diagnosis:
It is either Cecal Bascule (cecum flips up on itself) or Cecal Volvulus (cecum and right intestine twised).
It took me 2 long years of pain to finally be directed to a Colo-Rectal Surgeon.
If one is prone to a MOBILE CECUM (which one can be born with or even just happens for no reason), abdominal surgeries can cause these nightmarish conditions.

My advice - see a Colo-rectal Surgeon ASAP to rule out these possible problems. They are NOT in your imagination. They will NOT go away with time or drugs - only specialized surgery will help.

NO ONE and NO WEBSITE ever mentions this problem - you must know what it is before you can find out more about it, and it's more common than anyone realizes. Google these conditions and see if they are you.

I now have some hope I might get my life back and can stop thinking of suicide.

Good Luck.

the same thing as that 16 yr old girl is happening to me now i was just in the hospital for it all day yesterday the only thing they did for me is give me lots of drugs and never tried to treat me nd i also had an absest soon after my appendectomy

I'm the same guys. I had appendicitis 2 and a half years ago. I had purferated appendix and have a huge scar about 5 inches. Ever since I have had pain in that area. Don't know but it could be food digesting and passing in the intestine or something. I have also had prostratitis after that and still seeing the specialist about that been on antibiotics for 5 months and counting. I intend to see my doctor about it and I suggest that others do too just to be sure.

hi, i had my appendix out about 2 months ago and have just started getting pains very similar to when i had appendicitis, problem is i don't have an appendix anymore so i'm not really sure whats causing it? So seems to be a similar problem to what you guys have. Any help would be great!