I had my appendix removed over a year ago. Since then I have had gastro problems; nausea, diarrhea, stomach pains, increased ovarian cyst (that's what it feels like). I have recently started cutting out coffee, diary and wheat, which seems to be helping somewhat. Why is this happening? How did removing my appendix cause a sensitivity to foods I have always eaten? Are the two related?

My son is 15 and had his appendix removed a year and half ago and has nausea; diarrhea;stomach pain sometimes severe. No doctor has been able to diagnose him. It seems to come and go with him. If you find anything out I would love to know!

I just had my appendix removed about 2 months ago. Since then, I have been waking up in the middle of the night with diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. This is exactly how my appendicitis started but this has happened several times since my surgery. Could the surgery have caused this or is this just coincidence?? I do not have any health insurance, so I am trying not to run to the doctor for every little thing, but I am getting so frustrated. I already owe close to $30,000.00 for the surgery!! Any suggestions?

Try the GAPS diet. ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed. Do not pay for that operation! They F***ed you up!

i just had one!! two days after, i felt what seemed to be an ovarian cyst. but they diagnosed it as an infection. go to the er asap!

I had my appendix out in Octber and it's now April and I'm still having pain, and it sounds very similiar to your problems. Like you I too would really like to know what's going on and causing all this pain. Someday's I can't do anything but other days I have to wait till the painkillers start to work before I can do anything, it's very frustrating.

i had my operation 2 years ago.. i recently experience stomach problems, back pain and i always feel nauseated. after reading the topic,i found out that most of you experienced the same thing. i would like to know if the removal of my appendix has something to do with my problems?..

I had my appendix out 2 years ago and lately I am getting a pain, not severe, in the area where it was. It feel like a pull or a walking cramp. I had a ct scan that showed everythng was normal. They did a ct scan because when my appendix was removed there was a carcinoid tumor on it-it was about 1 mm in size.anyway, I'm wondering if it's scar tissue damage since the ct would have shoowed a tumor. Scary though.

Hi Everyone i had my appendix taken out in January this year. Ever since my stomach has been extremely swollen and painful. My diaphragm is always distended and very uncomfortable and sore Where my appendix was it often aches and i get stabbing pains. Thus saying i always get the stabbing pains on the left side of my body and up and around my stomach. My swelling looks like it just just after the surgery and the smallest it has been in 1 week after surgery then it has blown up and stayed that way.

I was re-admitted back in to hospital 2 months after the surgery and kept there for 4 day while they did some testing but everything so far has come back normal. Apart from my CT Scan which showed i had extremely enlarged lymph nodes throughout my belly which the dr's failed to tell me sent me home and it wasn't until my outpatient review that a registrar showed me the CT scan and said how bad it was. I was put on the wait list for a endoscopy and colonoscopy but still havent had it.

I am currently in the middle of one of my attacks where my stomach is ridiculously swollen, sore, aching, uncomfortable and the pain then moves to my lower back and aches. This has been going on since Friday night and its now Tuesday I don't know if i should go back to hospital or what to do because none of the doctors at the hospital believe that i am unwell and in pain. When i have these attacks i feel extremely tired and awful.. I haven't felt the same since my surgery i am 20 years old i look like im 9 months pregnant i can't do hardly any of the things i did prior to my appendectomy and i just want to be me again. Please if anyone has the same problem or can recommend what i can do you would truly be a miracle :)

I think there is something going on with my immune sysytem (hence the swollen lymph nodes in my stomach) but where do i go to get that tested and could it be anything else. Oh when i went for my appendix they diagnosed me as having mesenteric lymphadenitis and failed to diagnose it was my appendix they went in for my swollen lymph nodes and by chance found my appendix covered in puss about to rupture and as the doctor said (very nasty looking)

Thank you in Advance!!

Soph :)

Soph, So sorry to hear your news hang in there is all I can say. It's been 12 months since my surgery, still in pain in my stomach also. I'm sure the Dr's think I'm just making this up but I'm not I wish I could do things as before even boring housework, lol. Hopefully they will sort us out and return our lives to normal

Michelle

Thanks Michelle sorry you have to go through it too!! at least its comforting to know im not alone :( Just a sh*t of a situation wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!

A little bit over a year ago I was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery. They went in for surgery to find out my appendix had burst 5 days earlier. It had fused together my colon, my bowel and my intestines. My surgeon removed the appendix, more than half of my intestines, half of my bowel and half of my colon. EVER since then I have really bad gastro problems. They come and go randomly in little episodes. I will have severe diarrhea for days and I also vomit for hours on end. The diarrhea is very painful to the point where I'm keeled over in a fetal position unable to move. The vomiting will last for hours and is projectile. I NEVER had this issue before my major surgery, but ever since the surgery these episodes don't seem to go away. These episodes have to be linked to the surgery somehow. Any one know the answer ? :'( I'm tired of feeling like c**p !

I had mine removed a few years ago. Since then I would have an upset stomach and some discomfort. Bowel movement was not the same. Then I found real sauerkraut. Not that junk in the stores. Fermented foods put me back to normal. The stuff is not hard to make. Cleanliness is very portsnt

Wow! I had an appendectomy done when I was 16 and I am now a 25 year old man. I am always tired and my bowels are always irritable and constipated. Its been almost 10 years. I dont know what to do but after time you get used to it and just live on prune juice and cave in to laziness because it cant be helped. Better than dying from a ruptured appendix tho...

if i were you i would go to an alternative doctor and get there opinion sounds like you still have inflammation going on and that can cause alot of problems in our system plz try that hugs to you