In one month I will be getting hip,abdomen,saddle bag body jet water assisted laser liposuction. You do not get general anaesthesia and apparently the recovery is quick. The doc told me I could even drive myself home after the procedure. The canula hole is about 1.5mm and there are no sutures. I will have to wear a compression garment 24hours for one week and 12/day for the second week. Apparently, the laser causes collagen formation the garment causes skin tightening. I looking forward to this proceedure because I only weigth 125 pounds and it is all in those areas. When I lose weight on a diet, those areas smooth out , but my breasts go down to a size A-. This way I figure I keep my B cup and can finally wear a 2 piece swim suite etc. etc. Can any one give me there experiences with this proceedure? It is fairly new and not available in many places, but it would be great if I can get other opinions.

Hi there, I was not aware of this surgery so I wanted to post here and wish you luck on it. It sounds very exciting and I'm sure that you're very eager to get the procedure done already. I think I'd recommend having someone drive you home anyway though ;-) What made you decide to go through with this surgery?

For years I've been thinking about lipo, but I did not want the general anaesthesia for just an elective surgery. It's not hard for me to drop 10 pounds which would put me at 115. My hips and belly look great but from the waist up I'm too skinny. I'm pretty tone, but my hips just bulge out. With this proceedure I can stay at 125, but my belly, hip and saddle bags are gone and that sounds good to me! I'm 43 and I can wait to were a 2 piece without thing bulging. :-D

My friend recently got a surgery that was similar to what you went through and he's very happy. He only lost about five pounds but he said it was all his muffin top so he's pretty excited. When do you go under the knife? Or I guess laser as it were... XD

I can't believe he lost 5 pounds! If I lose some ounces that would be a plus! I just want to look better. Thanks for the info. I can't wait for Sept.

I think a lot of the weight that he lost at the end there was probably water weight and then not being able to eat during his recovery period. That's probably what you could expect to lose too since it does inhibit your activity for awhile. Let me know how it goes for you, okay?

That's interesting that he couldn't eat. I'm assuming was because he did not have an appetite after the procedure or was on meds that made him sick. I was specifically told to EAT a normal BREAKFAST the morning of surgery (my procedure is at noon). They do not want me lightheaded. I will be fully awake. The only anaesthestic is the tumescent liquid they inject at the site of the lipo which has lidocaine. I will have the compression garment on but I was told that I should be able to resume my normal activities the next day. I'll make sure I don't get on the scale until 2 weeks after the garment is off!

Well that's why I really want to hear about this surgery compared to his. Apparently it turns out that he underwent traditional lipo which is why it took him so long to recover. He's just started to feel totally normal this week so I'd like to see how long you recover compared to him.

I forgot to ask you however--what's the exact date of your surgery? I want to keep track of you so that I can ask you all about it once you're done with it. Thanks! :-)

I had my Aqualipo procedure yesterday. It's a new procedure that my doc patented which combines body jet and smart lipo. These are the steps: 1. inject tumescent liquid of epinephrin and lidocaine 2. Laser the fat 3. Spray water while suctioning the fat.

The only anaesthetic besides the tumescent fluid was a bit of lidocaine at the entrance site of the liposuciton cannula. I was totally awake and did not need any sedative. I took 1 tylenol at bed time and that was it. Today I went to the store to buy a couple of dresses that would fit over the compression garment that I have to wear for two weeks. Then I went to the mall and walked around and went grocery shopping. I have not needed any tylenol today. I can't wait to see what my belly and hips will look like after the swelling is gone!

Hi there,
Can you tell me what doctor you used and where he/she is located?

His name is Roger Bassin, M.D. He has two offices in Florida. The Orlando office is closer to me. He is on several web sites. One of them actually shows the Aqua lipo procedure. I am going back in Oct. to get my saddle bags done. Depending on your size he may or may not do several parts at one time. It is for safety reasons that he decided to wait and to the saddle bags at a later time because the smaller you are the less amount of tumescent fluid your body can handle at one time. I can't wait to be able to wear a two piece swimsuit this coming summer and look great!